Poll

Would you like Avast to add the ability to block by 3 digit area codes?

Yes
12 (92.3%)
No
0 (0%)
I Don't Care
1 (7.7%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Poll: Add the ability to block by 3 digit area code to the call/sms filter  (Read 4681 times)

MrRAlan

Currently, the Avast call/sms filter does not allow you to enter a custom number with 3 digits to block.  You must enter at least 4.  So, if I was getting a lot of SPAM calls/sms from area code 214 for example, I would not be able to enter 214* to block all calls starting with that area code.

I propose that Avast allow us this functionality for those of us that get many SPAMs from the same area code.  Many other call blockers allow this.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 06:07:38 PM by MrRAlan »

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Add the ability to block by 3 digit area code to the call/sms filter
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 05:09:02 PM »
Hi,

seems like I can't edit the poll - can you also add an "I don't care" option? Thanks.

Filip

MrRAlan

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 05:42:17 PM »
Added.  Thanks.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 06:02:58 PM »
Stickied. Please, also add "Poll: " to the beginning of the topic, thanks.

Filip

UserA789

Currently, the Avast call/sms filter does not allow you to enter a custom number with 3 digits to block.  You must enter at least 4.  So, if I was getting a lot of SPAM calls/sms from area code 214 for example, I would not be able to enter 214* to block all calls starting with that area code.

I propose that Avast allow us this functionality for those of us that get many SPAMs from the same area code.  Many other call blockers allow this.
Out of curiosity, can you add "00" before the area code to associate country codes.  I know my ID theft app in Avast mobile requires that for remote control of my phone (IE siren, lock, wipe, ect.)

But I agree, we should have MUCH more ability to enter wildcards.  Its not like we know every option scammers are using these days.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Bump.

MrRAlan

another bump.

MrRAlan

Bump