Author Topic: SSL Scan in Internet Security 8 interferes with Newleecher usenet access  (Read 2904 times)

Offline HairyScot

Since latest up on 15th. March to 8.0.1483 Newsleecher cannot connect to Usenet servers. Goes into a connect/disconnect loop.
First symptom is a pop-up about invalid certificates (one for each bot). Clicking exclusion has no effect.
Initially I disabled all shields but then a bit of research showed up the new SSL Scanning feature of the Mail Shield. Turned this off and problem disappeared.
Have attached screenshot of pop-up.

frits.verbeek

Since last update from AVAST to 8.0.1483, Newsleecher, doesn't work, when I disable AVAST its goes well.
How can I solve this problem ??

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Whilst this mentions thunderbird, the certificate issue is likely to effect newsleecher also, you would have to find any corresponding settings in newsleecher if required.

- SSL error unable to get local issuer certificate -
Hello,
check if you have the avast certificate in Thunderbird, etc. see
https://feedback.avast.com/responses/mail-shield-related-ssl-eror-unable-to-get-local-issuer-certificate

If you accepted some certificates after being alerted by Thunderbird, go to the Servers tab in their Certificate Manager and delete those below the 'avast! Mail Scanner Root'.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security