Author Topic: Absurd Amount of Warnings!  (Read 4540 times)

adaught

Absurd Amount of Warnings!
« on: March 08, 2013, 02:33:02 AM »
Hello,

I have ran Avast! on both my PC and my MAC since I first purchased them. I just ran a full system scan on my MACBook Pro today (03/07/13) for the first time since September of 2012. My warnings have increased in that time from only 14 to 84,551, and no that is not a typo. Eighty-four thousand! I have read other forums says that this does not mean they are infected and that they just could not be scanned for some reason, but I feel that this high of a number calls for concern. Any ideas of what caused this or what I can do about it?

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
Re: Absurd Amount of Warnings!
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2013, 12:53:33 PM »
What version of Avast for Mac are you running? The amount of warnings does sound high. Can you provide a sample screenshot of some of the warnings from the scan so we can try to determine what they are for?
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay

adaught

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2013, 08:48:08 PM »
Here is a screen shot of the scan I ran. I am running Avast! Free Version 7.0

Offline specimen9999

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2013, 09:44:42 PM »
I think it would be more useful if you change the detail level at the bottom to show warnings.

uberklang

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2013, 09:42:45 PM »
Hi ... I've had a Macbook Pro for a year ... never had a problem .. ever !  Started getting suspicious email on my web provider online mail service ( Cogeco ) ... phoned them, the guy says that I probably have some malware in the computer ... I say OK and install Avast Free version.  Three hours later after a full scan it finds 19 warnings, not 19,000 or 190,000, just 19, most of them with Google Earth / webdata with an error code... 42125 zip archive is corrupted ........ 

..... so... what do I do with these 19 warnings, nothing? Avast has found no virus or malware........ just uninstall ?  There is nothing I can see telling me what to do with the results, I guess that is the problem.

..... I don't want to be a computer guru, all I know is that I have had worry free internet browsing for over a year, and I'm starting to think that the guy I was talking to at my internet provider was giving me the run around ..... am I right ... ??