Author Topic: How do i obtain permission to access Ftp.avast.com/incoming to post minidumps?  (Read 5155 times)

Walt baby luv

I get the BSOD with Avast 8, I am using Avast 7 free right now until the problem is fixed. I paid for Avast Internet Suite and I want it back. If someone could help with this so I can speed up the process that would be great!

Every time I try to access the Ftp server and copy/paste with (Internet Explorer) it says: Make sure you have permission to put files on the server. Details: Access is denied.

I have two computers, one desktop with Avast 8 (and it runs perfect) and a laptop with Avast 7 because, well you know why.
Laptop is an Acer Aspire 5517 Win 7 x64,

Thanks, I love Avast and will always be a fan, no matter what. :)

Walt baby luv

I meant Windows Explorer  :-[

Thanks

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Everyone has access to the incoming folder (to write there, not to list files or read), so you do as well.
If you can't upload a file, it may be because a file of the same name already exists in the folder (so you should try to rename it first).

iroc9555

I also have problems sending a file. It says " I do not have permission to do so ". The file name is Malévola.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
OK, my bad - the disk is out of space.
I'll let someone know to fix that.

iroc9555

Thanks igor.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Should be fixed by now.

Walt baby luv

Thanks for the info, but when i try to access the ftp server it says, Details; 550 Failed to change directory.
????
Thanks,
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 05:22:19 PM by Walt baby luv »