Author Topic: Visual Studio Program / Debug Issue ( Win32:Evo-gen[Susp] )  (Read 4220 times)

IEBasara

Visual Studio Program / Debug Issue ( Win32:Evo-gen[Susp] )
« on: March 18, 2013, 07:11:26 AM »
Hi,
  Today I wrote a C console program for user interactive menu testing ( an Option Menu before the next step ) in console mode.
  Everything is okay when I debug it without user interactive menu ( Directly run through to the end of the function ).
  But after I've added the interactive mechanism and start to debug the program, the Avast alerted!!!

What I've add to the code is just '#include <conio.h>', use 'int c = getch();',  and of course some logical statements.

Avast told me that my test program ( xxx.exe ) is infected with virus Win32:Evo-gen[Susp] !!

I can't continue to debug my program anymore, because there's no option to skip this warning, it force me to do something.
  ( Delete / Isolate / Intercept ... I translate these options from my language. )

And then I think I only have just one option - Click the top-right 'X' to close the warning dialog.
  ( I think the Avast then put my program to the isolation region. )

Any suggestions to solve this or could you do something to not let this happen again?
  It's just a simple console program...

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Visual Studio Program / Debug Issue ( Win32:Evo-gen[Susp] )
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 08:25:16 AM »
is the file in avast chest?....then right click the file in chest and upload to avast lab

or use this.  http://www.avast.com/contact-form.php   change subject to suite your case

IEBasara

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 09:43:44 AM »
It's not in the Avast chest. I'll send it to Avast Lab.
I finally found that if I modify some code in program, re-compile it, and run.
It will have chance not to be taken as a virus infected file.

Thanks for reply!

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 10:40:22 AM »
It will have chance not to be taken as a virus infected file.
[susp]=suspicious.   :)