Author Topic: Scheduled scan won't sart  (Read 2050 times)

B Mar

Scheduled scan won't sart
« on: March 18, 2013, 12:49:18 AM »
Hi,

I just upgraded to the latest program version, and now I try to plan a unique full scan that would start automatically and shut down the computer when the scan is finished.
So I go to my full scan tab options and plan a scan (please see screenshot below), but my computer just won't start even if I select "Wake the computer if needed"
(I don't know the exact parameter name in English sorry, I'm using French interface).

I would need some help.

Using latest verion of Avast Free, Windows XP SP3.

Regards

B Mar

« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 12:53:00 AM by B Mar »

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Scheduled scan won't sart
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2013, 02:30:52 AM »
I'm not using XP anymore, but I'm sure Windows have some Energy options that could prevent the computer to wake up.
Do other tasks work to wake up the computer? http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/window-on-windows/wake-a-hibernating-windows-xp-machine-based-on-your-schedule/828
The best things in life are free.

B Mar

Re: Scheduled scan won't sart
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2013, 05:59:03 PM »
I'm not using XP anymore, but I'm sure Windows have some Energy options that could prevent the computer to wake up.
Do other tasks work to wake up the computer? http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/window-on-windows/wake-a-hibernating-windows-xp-machine-based-on-your-schedule/828

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your reply.

I thought there would be no problem with that because it is a desktop computer and I deactivated any battery/hibernating related options.

I didn't try other tasks to see if they could wake up the computer.

But you are surely right. Your link points to a process that I can use just to wake up the computer; no matter what little program I'll make it start with, it will then launch a scan...

I'll try and give feedback.

(PS: If it works, then we can consider that the "Wake computer" check box in avast unfortunately just doesn't work!)

Regards,

B Mar
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 06:03:30 PM by B Mar »