Author Topic: Anyone not having problems with avast! 8.0?  (Read 21188 times)

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Anyone not having problems with avast! 8.0?
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2013, 05:49:42 PM »
You are welcome.
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

nigel mansel

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2013, 06:16:12 PM »
Working great here :)

Offline bruce_b

« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2013, 06:26:41 PM »
Working fine on XP Pro SP3 with 512MB RAM on an old Dell with a P4
And I agree, the software updater has glitches about latest versions.
Personally, it is an option that really does not need to be in an antivirus program.
Most people check for updates themselves or the apps, like Adobe Flash or Java
will check and either do the updates or notify you to do them.
Dell Dimension 8200 P4 1.8Ghz Windows XP PRO SP3
Avast Free Antivirus 18.8.2356
Toshiba Satellite C855-S5347 Celeron B830 1.8Ghz
Windows 10 Home 64 Bit Version 1909 Build 18363.900
Avast Free Antivirus 20.4.2410 Build 20.4.5312.578

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2013, 06:49:16 PM »
As my signature shows, I have Avast8 Pro installed on both laptops.
I had Network Shield issues with Version 7 Pro on my Windows 8 Pro OS (Showed running, but never any activity ever). This was rectified with Version 8 and my hat goes off to the Avast dev. team for resolving many original issues with the new Win8 OS. (Especially mine ::))
Most issues "now" are unfortunately, System Specific, not generalised over the vast majority of Avast users with Windows 8 OS.
No problems with either of my OS configurations.  8)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2013, 08:53:32 PM »
I am just very angry and I apologize if I offended anyone.But the thing is that help from
you-Evangelists was not help at all.I respect that you're trying to help but I need answers from Avast
team or someone responsible.I need to know if they can reproduce that bug and they are working on
fix for it.As I said in previous posts this bug leaves users unprotected at the end and not all users know
how to reinstall Avast.
With over 170 million users it's very difficult, if not impossible, to duplicate/replicate each and every system.
Therefore what works for one user may or may not work for another.

If any user has any difficulty doing a clean install we will be more than happy to give them step-by-step instructions.  8)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Cloudy

« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2013, 07:12:57 PM »
no problem on Win 8 Pro x64

;)

Offline vittau

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2013, 07:50:17 PM »
No problems here so far (three days since I installed avast! 8 ), though I do (and always did) have Sandbox completely disabled. It seems to be the cause of some of the problems people are experiencing...

Windows 7 Pro SP1 (x64), fully updated
Full settings here in case anyone cares.

Offline jadinolf

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2013, 12:35:34 AM »
No problems here so far (three days since I installed avast! 8 ), though I do (and always did) have Sandbox completely disabled. It seems to be the cause of some of the problems people are experiencing...

Windows 7 Pro SP1 (x64), fully updated
Full settings here in case anyone cares.

Sorry about that vittau but great to hear from you.
printed on 100% recycled bytes

Defence

« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2013, 09:28:34 AM »
avast! Free 8.0.1483 on Vista  - no problems here.

Offline YrbkMgr

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2013, 03:34:19 PM »
Have you read my post?
I definitely feel that this is a bug I describe, Windows SHOULD resize properly!
Bad coding,,,,,,shame on you avast!.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=117645.0

Sorry Michael, but I am a looking for people who are not having problems. I expect 100,000,000 replies.

I'm not sure what the point of the thread is, except to say "we're not having problems so the (alleged) minority who are having problems, well, the problem isn't with the program, so good night and good luck".

First of all, it's silly - people who are not having problems do not usually come to the boards, unless they're regulars to the forum. So any conclusions derived from such a thread are skewed anyway - and skewed against whatever it is you're trying to prove.

Second of all, you're "expecting 100,000,000 replies"? Seriously? A hundred million? C'mon man, that smacks of "the problem isn't here, it's yonder". If you're not having problems, consider yourself amongst the lucky, not the elite. Please.

Anti-virus software is a serious issue as it is not an optional software component - and over time, the complexity with which these programs intermingle with basic PC operations has grown over time. It's ridiculous to think that all conditions could be considered and addressed with any software release. Simply ridiculous. So one must assume that there will be a certain number of systems adversely affected and it's important for the developers to know, regardless of whether or not they intend to change things. Trying to tally the number of people who are not having problems serves no purpose and only denigrates the importance of reliable operation.

So if you're not part of the solution...

superb

« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2013, 09:18:28 PM »
 :-[ I had a mixed situation. I do the (hobby) administration of the families computers:  :-[

1 Computer Win 8 x64 Pro; AMD G880 Chipset; works perfecly    :)
1 Computer Win 7 (32) Pro; Very Old Intel Chipset 865PE; work perfectly     :)

1 Computer Win 8x64 Pro; Intel P45 Chipset; Multi User; Do a permanent loop at log-in screen; w/o Avast 8 after deinstall works this PC perfectly  :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
1 Laptop Win 8x64 Pro; Intel Chipset; Multi User; Do a permanent loop at log-in screen; w/o Avast 8 after deinstall works this PC perfectly   :'( :'( :'( :'(

Hope next Version will fix this issue.

HDW38

« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2013, 09:35:36 PM »
Hi!

After a cut-off of one of my machines during 'avast 8'-installation causing a clean install with unable to register and add to avast-account,  I got everthing solved.
 :)
HDW