Author Topic: Small office administration  (Read 5277 times)

leinox

Small office administration
« on: March 05, 2013, 11:54:02 AM »
Hi !
I am in charge of installing the software Avast! Small Office Administration on a corporate domain.
I followed a tutorial to install, deploy agents on machines without difficulty.

The problem is the administration: on 50 machines all lit windows 7: 1 is recognized as secure, 15 seem unconnected and the rest is not maintained, indicating that the component has never been connected to the interface administration.

I read that it was necessary to open port 25322, but even totally disabling the firewall on the server and the firewall on a client machine does not work (same after reboot of both).

Do you have an idea to help me?

studio_two

Re: Small office administration
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2013, 12:52:02 PM »
Do you see the workstation listed within the SOA Console? If so, presumably it has the "?" icon...

leinox

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2013, 01:22:57 PM »
Yes, it has the ? icon.
I don't understand... what's different between 2 computers with the same material configuration, the same IT and the same network domain ?

RAFT IT

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 09:58:21 PM »
I have the same issue.  Avast Endpoint was deployed via SOA but some clients are not communicating to the server and goes into trial mode or says it is expired.  I can manually add the license but it still does not connect.

All my computers running XP (22 comps) are like this except one (huh?).  I have 3 Win 7 machines like this.  Server is Running Win Svr 2008 Ent.

leinox

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 09:32:54 AM »
If I understand support help, I need more license.
Our problem can be cause by a default license... Strange soft... why only some computer are detect ? why not an error message or all our computer not suported ?

Offline .: Mac :.

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2013, 12:05:51 PM »
If I understand support help, I need more license.
Our problem can be cause by a default license... Strange soft... why only some computer are detect ? why not an error message or all our computer not suported ?

The computer can be listed as "?" after running a discovery task, this is just a placeholder and doesn't actually mean its installed. To see if it is a license issue check the Computer login audit trail under the admin menu, this will show the clients attempting to connect. If you have too few licenses they will show as banned.
"People who are really serious about software should make their own hardware." - Alan Kay