Author Topic: Avast! Account Shows Anti-theft Not Installed, but It Is  (Read 24707 times)

brianabbott

Avast! Account Shows Anti-theft Not Installed, but It Is
« on: March 20, 2013, 05:20:10 PM »
I have an Android phone with version 2.0.3917 of Avast! installed along with Anti-theft. When I check for updates, I'm informed that I have the latest version, i.e. 130320-00.

My online Avast! account is showing Anti-theft as not installed, last update 9 March, Last communication 18 minutes ago. My phone is obviously communicating with my account and my phone is showing Anti-theft as installed with no issues (has superuser rights).

Can anyone suggest how to correct this problem please?

brianabbott

Re: Avast! Account Shows Anti-theft Not Installed, but It Is
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2013, 10:35:41 PM »
It's ok now, reinstall sorted it out  ::)

vlfromfrance

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2013, 12:41:40 PM »
Hello all

I have installed anti theft with avast and have made the setup few monthes ago.

I have lost my phone yesterday (probably stolen). I would like to use antitheft to try to locate my phone.

To my big surprise, in the avast web interface anti theft is marked "Not installed"

Any idea to help me?

thanks in advance.

mattblack8

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 01:46:35 PM »
After upgrading last night I have the same problem.

My online Avast account says Anti-Theft isn't installed, but the notifications show when I disable and re-enable it.

04-Apr-2013 13:25:33 - The avast! Anti-Theft protection was enabled.
04-Apr-2013 13:24:33 - The avast! Anti-Theft protection was disabled.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

Offline Gandalf1369

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2013, 02:17:13 AM »
Yeah - same thing happens to me.  My account shows "Not Installed" but the phone says it is!  I get the same messages as you when I disable and then enable Anti-Theft.  Just started with the last update.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 02:49:05 AM by Gandalf1369 »
Windows 10 (64bit); 8GB RAM; Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro; avast Free (latest version)

Vilcek

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2013, 01:43:36 PM »
I have exactly the same issue.....is there any solution for this? Or do I need to reinstall the complete thing

Offline Gandalf1369

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2013, 02:27:14 PM »
Got it fixed.  As the OP had stated it did require an uninstall and re-install of the Anti Theft module.  Fairly quick and painless.  Now my account is showing that the Anti-Theft is installed and functioning.

Just as an aside - the problem with my phone started last night after I had updated the anti-virus and anti-theft programs.  I also updated those on my wife's phone.  My wife's phone had no problems with the anti-theft module (i.e. the account page showed that anti-theft was installed and functioning).  My phone, on the other hand, had the problem with anti-theft not showing up on the account page.  The only difference (other than the phone manufacturer) is that my phone is rooted and hers is not.  Don't know if that really matters but I though I would metion it.
Windows 10 (64bit); 8GB RAM; Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Pro; avast Free (latest version)

Offline littlenoe

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2013, 08:12:29 AM »
I got the same issue, I uninstall and re-install Anti-theft and now I cannot store the hard reset proof on Direct Write Method on my rooted tab. I wanted to try the Recovery Image Method but kind of dubious, because the Direct Write was working great on the previous version. Any suggestion?

Portos

« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2013, 01:38:51 PM »
I have the same problem. I guess/hope this is a bug that will be solved soon.

Notification on the web platform says it's enabled after disabling/ enabling.
The self diagnosis in the anti-theft app checking the connection with the web platform is positive, so they can communicate with each other.

But the overview shows it as not installed... and the remote functions are disabled.

DarkHyperSonic

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2013, 12:34:44 AM »
I'm having the same problem on my Droid Razr Maxx. i just noticed today that the web portal was showing anti-theft "Not Installed." I've tried disabling and reenabling the anti-theft, uninstalling it and reinstalling it and nothing has changed.

screecwe

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2013, 09:00:36 AM »
Same problem for me..
Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the anti-theft.

I'm on a Razr MAXX HD

Aesa

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 06:54:27 PM »
How about an avast rep chiming in on this?  I have 50 devices showing the same thing and I do not relish the thought of reinstalling on each and every one of them.

shavast

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 07:21:36 PM »
Same issue here.  I uninstalled and reinstalled both the Anti-theft module and the whole application...it did not fix the issue.  I disconnected the account but now I get the following when trying to reconnect the avast!Account:

a server error occurred. please try again later

I have tried multiple times now over the last few hours.

*avast! Anti-theft version 2.0.4333 on Android 4.1.2 on HTC One

mavevyo

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 09:15:38 PM »
I am having the same issue.

ANTI-THEFT 2.0.4333 INSTALLED ON:
Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX HD running rooted ICS 4.0.4 (4 devices)
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 SCH-I705 running rooted ICS 4.0.4 (2 devices)

All devices were working normally prior to Anti-Theft Update 2.0.4333 (i.e. web portal showed "INSTALLED" for previous version of Anti-Theft, all remote features worked, etc).  Now all devices are showing "NOT INSTALLED" online, and no remote controls are available.

Un-registering then re-registering each device helped temporarily, but when  I logged back into the web portal today, all devices were showing "NOT INSTALLED" again.  I tried upgrading the Avast Anti-Virus to 2.0.4400 (from 2.0.4304) thinking it may solve the problem, but it didn't.

AVAST! needs to address this issue IMMEDIATELY!
  This is not an isolated incident, as there are numerous complaints about this issue online, and if more users actually checked their online AVAST! web portal more often (instead of only when a device is lost or stolen), I have no doubt there would be at least 100 time more complaints than we are seeing right now.  This affects EVERY INSTALLATION of AVAST! Anti-Theft 2.0.4333 (automated upgrade from previous version).  Anti-Theft is of NO USE to users if we can't control a lost/stolen device remotely!

mavevyo

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 09:21:42 PM »
Same issue here.  I uninstalled and reinstalled both the Anti-theft module and the whole application...it did not fix the issue.  I disconnected the account but now I get the following when trying to reconnect the avast!Account:

a server error occurred. please try again later

I have tried multiple times now over the last few hours.

*avast! Anti-theft version 2.0.4333 on Android 4.1.2 on HTC One

I am experiencing the same problem as you.

What is going on, AVAST?  Why are there so many issues with this new version of Anti-Theft?  Maybe you should bring back the OLD version so all these problems will go away and everyone will be happy (referring to this and the other problems listed on this forum)!