Author Topic: [Scan]- hide the exclusions?  (Read 3513 times)

rdf3

[Scan]- hide the exclusions?
« on: March 09, 2005, 03:39:23 AM »
I've got a couple of folders that are excluded from scanning... now, every time I do a manual scan, I get the pop-up about the hundreds of files in these folders that were not scanned. Not terribly important, but it's a bit annoying since it's unneeded information, and it's hard to differentiate between excluded files & viruses found. Is there anyway for Avast not to show these exclusions after running a scan?

Also, when a virus is found, Avast pauses and notifies you- I often start the scan and leave the room for a while... is there any way for it fully run the scan and THEN notify you of all viruses? Seems more practical to me. I've heard this can be solved by setting Standard Shield to automatically move viruses to the chest, but... I want the shield to always notify me in case a virus is found, and for the scan to notify AFTER finishing. Basically, I wouldn't want the complete antivirus to always be silent, just the manual scan.

Thank you very much in advance- your help is the reason why I'm giving Avast a real chance.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2005, 03:41:07 AM by rdf3 »

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: [Scan]- hide the exclusions?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 08:47:09 AM »
Is there any way for it fully run the scan and THEN notify you of all viruses?
When the first malware is found put a checkmark in front of "Don't show this dialog next time"

or use a sheduled scan. That way you can set the behaviour of Avast (Pro)

rdf3

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 02:02:57 AM »
Thanks.

Any way for Avast not to notify me of the excluded files that were not scanned?

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 09:45:36 AM »
I'm afraid it's not possible in avast! 4 Home - the type of displayed results cannot be changed there. :(

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2005, 02:17:07 PM »
Also, when a virus is found, Avast pauses and notifies you- I often start the scan and leave the room for a while... is there any way for it fully run the scan and THEN notify you of all viruses? Seems more practical to me. I've heard this can be solved by setting Standard Shield to automatically move viruses to the chest, but... I want the shield to always notify me in case a virus is found, and for the scan to notify AFTER finishing. Basically, I wouldn't want the complete antivirus to always be silent, just the manual scan.

This is very easy with the Professional version.
On Home version, you can use Silent Mode.
Left click the 'a' blue icon.
It will start On-access protection

Click on Internet Mail and then on Customize.
Go to Advanced tab and select Silent Mode and the default answer No. This will send the file (email) to Chest.

Do the same for the and Outlook/Exchange plugin.
The answer Yes in Silent Mode keeps the virus in the file or into the message (attach) and continue the scanning. You can't configure 'delete the infected file' in the Home version.

You can do the same for Standard Shield provider, but it won't be a good idea... you wrote that but I think you must 'know' what's going on...
The best things in life are free.