Author Topic: Virus Scan Stops  (Read 9489 times)

Bababooey

Virus Scan Stops
« on: March 09, 2005, 06:25:42 AM »
I'm using the Avast Anti-Virus Program, and I was scanning my computer for Viruses, and I left home to go to lunch with my friends.  However, when I came back, I found out that the Virus Scan stopped, because it detected a virus, and it stopped.

Is there anyway to make it scan all the way through without stopping, and then tells me to fix it AFTER it finishes scanning everything else?

PS:  Am I in the right Forum?

troubleshooting

Re: Virus Scan Stops
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 08:44:30 AM »
Hey Bababooey,

Welcome to the Avast Forums :)

Well ur ar in the right forum!

By the way which O.S and what is the speed and ram capactity of ur system?What method did u use to scan,i mean did u do manual scan,screen saver scan(Auto matic) or scedual scan.If u have used screen save scan it will stop when it deduct the virus.i mean it won't contiune scanning ,if u want to do contiune scanning better do manual scanning.I am not sure what menthod did u use to scan?If in case if u have any diffulty to scan,well then u can use Scedual boot time scan,pls refer the help topiucs from the Avast anti-virus more infor abt that and not only that u can search any topic in Avast forums by using Search botton which is in the top of the Avast forums web page.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 09:52:39 AM »
I'm afraid it's not possible in the Home version of avast!. When the virus dialog is shown for the first virus, you can check the "Don't show this dialog next time" option which suppresses the warning for all the subsequent files (of this scan), but the first one will always be displayed.

In the Professional version of avast!, it can be done by modifying the corresponding task (i.e. setting it to "no action").

mpec82

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 12:57:15 PM »
When avast find a virus what actions are available? Someone can post a screenshot?

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2005, 12:58:37 PM »
They are explained in the help file.
start > programs > Avast > help

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2005, 01:11:30 PM »
You can try yourself with EICAR test file: www.eicar.org

mpec82

OT
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2005, 01:19:08 PM »
start-->programs-->avast--->link to avast file doesn't work, it ask me what program to use when opening it and when opened this is the result:

[DEFAULT]
BASEURL=http://www.avast.com
[InternetShortcut]
URL=http://www.avast.com

what's this?

mpec82

Re: OT
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2005, 10:08:01 PM »
start-->programs-->avast--->link to avast file doesn't work, it ask me what program to use when opening it and when opened this is the result:

[DEFAULT]
BASEURL=http://www.avast.com
[InternetShortcut]
URL=http://www.avast.com

what's this?

no idea?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2005, 10:33:22 PM »
Can you see this 'windows start > all programs > Avast > help?

Did you click the help, was that the link that didn't work?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

mpec82

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2005, 12:03:11 AM »
help works, but avast! web site opens that thing i've written up

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2005, 12:25:13 AM »
Sorry I thought that you were referring to the link of the help file.

I see what you mean about clicking the avast Web Site, it is obviously not working as the Status Bar in firefox is 'Waiting for snipurl.com...' no display of what you posted though.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2005, 12:42:46 AM »
I just remembered, something from sometime ago where clicking on that link tries to open using IE and not the default browser, so this may be what is causing the problem.

I switched my default to IE and clicked the link and it opened ok. As other browsers become more popular this will become more of a problem.

I think we have asked for it to open the default browser not IE.

mpec82

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2005, 12:55:21 AM »

when i click on that i get this rsult, why? using IE

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2005, 02:30:18 PM »
mpec, I'm quite sure there is a trouble in your browser (that is opening the link strangely) or, at least, on your file assotiations, probably you get infected with malware. A web page seems to be opening like a text file.
Did you run a full avast scanning?
Did you check your system agains spywares?
The best things in life are free.

mpec82

« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2005, 05:57:10 PM »
I've formatted pc a week ago. I've run 2 full scan with avast,1 with trendmicro housecall, 1 with bitdefender online scan. None of this has foun anything.

When i try to open the link winxp ask me the program because it isn't associated with anything. I choose IE but the result is that. Boh