Author Topic: 127.0.0.1 being refused on outgoing mail  (Read 4101 times)

rexdal

127.0.0.1 being refused on outgoing mail
« on: September 17, 2003, 05:57:14 PM »
Hi

Glad you guys got yesterdays updating problem sorted so quickly

I still am having a problem that also started yesterday that isn't fixed.
 I use outlook express as my mailer (on Xp) I have 3 accounts on it my main account a cable connection.
    2 of the three work fine and all are configured through the wizard and all read with your 127.0.0.1 for pop & stmp
 But my main account will not allow me to send mail a dialog pops up asking for my username & password (which are filled in already even in the dilog box)
        If I hit cancel then my mail (inbound) arrives -scanned as I have the message inprinted on my mail
            I spoke to my cable people and they said it must be on the avast end - if I change the outbound mail to the regular config.(cables mail addy) it works fine
 Their opinion was so leave it that way - it just means your outbound mail will not be scanned
           Sorry to make this so long but it was complicated to x-plain
 and I am not one just to accept their answer there must be a reason why my outbound mail will not make it through your IP when 2 accounts will
   any ..................help ????  ???

moldavia

Re:127.0.0.1 being refused on outgoing mail
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2003, 03:08:39 AM »
I am getting the exact same problem. when I try to send/recieve mail with outlook express in XP it timesout because it cant connect to 127.0.0.1

I just reinstalled my os and its working now lol. its possible you might need to reinstall avast.

moldavia
« Last Edit: September 18, 2003, 03:17:26 AM by moldavia »

Offline vojtech

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
    • ALWIL Software
Re:127.0.0.1 being refused on outgoing mail
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2003, 09:57:30 AM »
rexdal: please download this: http://www2.asw.cz/~peterka/test/ashMaiSv.exe, then terminate process ashMaiSv.exe, copy the downloaded file to avast4 folder and start it. Set the protection and try to send again. Tell me if it helps.