Author Topic: unable to post screenshot 255kb,over the 200 kb limit help  (Read 3238 times)

Southern Man

unable to post screenshot 255kb,over the 200 kb limit help
« on: March 10, 2005, 06:57:55 PM »
 Hi i have been tring to send/post a SCREENSHOT of the DESKTOP and TOOLBAR,i took the advice given but the attatched screenshot is 255kb which is over the 200kb limit,any help on howe i can still post it,i saved the screenshot as a JPEG.
Below is the original post i made on the 7th march.

Hi There i am new to the forum Smiley- and had previously downloaded the latest AVAST 4.6 about 3 weeks ago?,a strange occurance happened when i loaded up AVAST Roll Eyes-my lower TOOLBAR completely turned GREEN(horrible) and then the DESKTOP ICONS turned GREEN and my lower display boxes changed colour also,i had to uninstall  AVAST because the whole TOOLBAR and the ICONS were unreadable!.I had to eventually UN-INSTALL AVAST.

I  a few days later i re-installed AVAST thinking it could be one of those things that happens sometimes-but had exacktly the same problem,the main control program was ok sometimes but not always,sometimes it also was GREEN,any help here?.

I am running XP SP2 WINDOWS,with no problems,have done lots scans with AVs,anti-trojans,malware everything!,just also to say that i had the same problem with the earlier version of AVAST!.

Regards

Southern Man

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: unable to post screenshot 255kb,over the 200 kb limit help
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 07:08:35 PM »
any help on howe i can still post
Make it smaller, than post. Many image applications can do so like:
TheGimp, PainShop Pro, Photoshop, FotoCanvas etc.

And please stay in your original thread.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 07:11:47 PM by Eddy »

Southern Man

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2005, 07:27:18 PM »
Thanks eddy i will try again!

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 07:42:30 PM »
If you don't require the full screen shot, just a part of it (e.g. the Toolbar), crop it down to the part you need to demonstrate/explain your point.

Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.4.6112 (build 24.4.9067.762) UI 1.0.803/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Southern Man

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 09:33:01 PM »
any help on howe i can still post
Make it smaller, than post. Many image applications can do so like:
TheGimp, PainShop Pro, Photoshop, FotoCanvas etc.

And please stay in your original thread.

Hi back eddy,i have managed to post a screenshot in the original thread after your helpful advice,maybe you could have a look,appreciated!

southern man