Author Topic: What are this Massive 50mb downloads by AVAST?  (Read 3027 times)

Nagan

What are this Massive 50mb downloads by AVAST?
« on: March 25, 2013, 09:08:51 AM »
First of all I am really surprised that as soon as I switch on , there seems to be a massive download to the tune of 50mb attributed to AVAST. This is purely AVAST and not some loopback using AVAST proxy.

This does not seem a regular signature update which could be say of maximum 1 mb. Then what is it? Especially when I have limits to internet data transfers , I cannot ill afford such unannounced transfers of AVAST. Why can't the download content and the size of such downloads be intimated prior.

Hence I have ticked off the Streaming updates and also the Software updater (which thankfully is not an automatic intrusion).

Where  can I find the logs of such transfers?

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: What are this Massive 50mb downloads by AVAST?
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 01:30:16 PM »
Are you really sure it's not a traffic through local proxy? It seems a bit excessive even if you'd combine all the communications (VPS updates, streaming updates, cloud lookup, Software Updater check etc).
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Nagan

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 06:54:29 PM »
Are you really sure it's not a traffic through local proxy? It seems a bit excessive even if you'd combine all the communications (VPS updates, streaming updates, cloud lookup, Software Updater check etc).
Yes. Today I observed it in XP SP 3 with no other programs open. Two days ago I saw it in Win 7 x 64. Also where are the logs of the activity?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 06:58:59 PM »
click any shield tab....then see lower right corner

Nagan

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 07:55:10 PM »
click any shield tab....then see lower right corner
But for updates???