Author Topic: Malwarebtyes blockinga certain avast ip?  (Read 3595 times)

avastreally?

Malwarebtyes blockinga certain avast ip?
« on: March 26, 2013, 01:17:47 AM »
I have malwarebtyes pro and it keeps blocking a certain IP
31.133.32.221 incoming
is this IP associated with avast?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Malwarebtyes blockinga certain avast ip?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 01:46:14 AM »
dont think so.  http://www.ip-adress.com/whois/31.133.32.221

when MBAM block a IP it often looks as if comming from avast, bc the request goes true avast webshield
this has ben posted many times here.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 02:30:00 AM »
I really bloody hate this mbam function, a pain in the backside.

MBAM malicious website IP Detection reporting avastSvc.exe as process:
No avast isn't infected. MBAM isn't blocking avast as such, as the avastSvc.exe is the main avast service and it controls the various shields. The Web Shield routes all http traffic through its localhost proxy, so all MBAM sees is avastSvc.exe as the originating process, which is incorrect.

This is either you trying to connect to this IP via your browser or possibly a link in a site you're viewing redirecting of getting content from that IP address.

What site were you on when this alert occurred ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

avastreally?

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 09:26:27 AM »
I really bloody hate this mbam function, a pain in the backside.

MBAM malicious website IP Detection reporting avastSvc.exe as process:
No avast isn't infected. MBAM isn't blocking avast as such, as the avastSvc.exe is the main avast service and it controls the various shields. The Web Shield routes all http traffic through its localhost proxy, so all MBAM sees is avastSvc.exe as the originating process, which is incorrect.

This is either you trying to connect to this IP via your browser or possibly a link in a site you're viewing redirecting of getting content from that IP address.

What site were you on when this alert occurred ?
Thanks bro

avastreally?

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 09:26:53 AM »
dont think so.  http://www.ip-adress.com/whois/31.133.32.221

when MBAM block a IP it often looks as if comming from avast, bc the request goes true avast webshield
this has ben posted many times here.
Thanks friend

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 01:20:12 PM »
Read my post again, you have to identify what you were doing at the time of the alert:
  • If you are browsing a specific site then it is possible that there is a connection on that site retrieving data, etc. So the site you are visiting could also have been hacked.
  • If you weren't browsing or possibly using P2P, etc. then it may be an indication of something on your system, but mbam doesn't provide sufficient information to do that. Hence the requirement for supplementary information as to exactly what they were doing at the time of the alert.

Personally with avast! and the network shield and web shield, I feel this mbam pro feature is redundant, it also doesn't do what it says on the tin, it blocks far more categories than just malicious website blocking.  Not to mention it causes more grief than reassurance, though this instance would probably need more analysis.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 04:26:58 PM »
Topics aren't closed as such, they simply fade away over time, dropping off the chronological ordered list.