Author Topic: Avast not working and will not register  (Read 32192 times)

felixdjb

Re: Avast not working and will not register
« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2013, 10:13:35 AM »
I too have this issue.

After rebooting its now says my registration has expired.... however i renewed it in Feb 2013.

Now wont update etc.....

Any news on this ?

ctgardengirl

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2013, 04:19:00 PM »
First, I'm new to forum today and don't know how to do a new post.  Can someone tell me how?
Second, I purchased a 2 year renewal, and the license WILL NOT LOAD.  it says ' access denied.'
I submitted a ticket this past Monday - no one responded.  So I called today - let tech support (2nd level from Costa Rica) remote access, he said I had multiple registry issues and my computer could crash.  He offered to fix it for $169.  I said no.  Thank goodness, after reading about this.
I submitted a ticket and a separate email for a refund, which he basically said they would not give due to it being my computer that has the problem, not their software.  I will wait and see.
I also remembered that I had to accept 'auto renewal' whenI made my purchase.  Dumb me. 
How can I reverse that?  I can't find anything in 'my account' regarding billing.
I am getting very disillusioned with Avast in spite of recommending it to others.  I feel like I am being scammed.
Can someone please help me with these issues?  Thank you very much!

ctgardengirl

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 04:24:44 PM »
3rd time conquers?  Again, I am running Windows XP, and Avast 8.  I hope this msg takes this time. Sigh.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 04:28:55 PM »
First, I'm new to forum today and don't know how to do a new post.  Can someone tell me how?
when you enter a forum section (logged in) you will se a new topic button at upper right

ctgardengirl

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 04:38:30 PM »
I'm having a bad day and about to cry.  The stupid verification thing below keeps wiping out my message!!
I cannot find the 'new post' button.  I must be blind, or it's not there.
Is it above the orange bar with 'home, help, search, profile, my messages, lougout'?
I see the white search box in the upper right - is it above or below that?
The second orange bar just says 'unread posts'.
Please help, I'm averting a meltdown at the moment. Sigh...

PS:  Had the foresite to 'copy' my post before clicking 'post' - the next page said I already posted!  When I checked, this did not post.  I'm really having a bad day today.

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 04:49:40 PM »
"New Topic" will only show at the root of a forum section.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=2.0
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

4tainer

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2013, 05:59:23 PM »
this thread worries me, ive got the same problem as the OP. My Avast Free Antivirus has been replaced with an expired Pro trial version

I also tried using the repair option mentioned by Diddy, and got the same result as michaeltoo.

i have gone thru the reinstallation procedure to upgrade once before and found it a major hassle, would really hate to do it now and find the problems intrinsic to the update itself.  Would really like to hear from any admins who know whats causing it

i originally posted in this thread http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=119918.0

ctgardengirl

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2013, 07:05:19 PM »
ok. Had to close all tabs with Avast that were open, and reopen Avast dot com, and the New Post button finally appeared.  It didn't appear on that link you sent, I don't know why, but I finally got it working.  And now I can post without having to deal with that 'scrambler' each time.  Phew!

michaeltoo

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2013, 12:56:25 PM »
Hi felixdjb and 4tainer,
sorry guys to see your having the same problems. After over a week of re-installing and uninstalling Avast 8 and then getting 5 days of silence I gave up. Having no antivirus on my system, I ended up going back to AVG free, which installed first time.

I know it may not be the best Antivirus software out there but at least I can install it. And they actually have admin who look thru the error logs to see what may be causing the problem and really work with you to solve it.

I moved from AVG to Avast because all of the rave reviews I read about it being so good. I'm sure if they worked harder on the customer service side of things as well they would be legendary.

bugman

« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2013, 12:44:27 AM »
I am pretty much having the same issue, and i am a subscriber too.

the program was working until Saturday - i had to reset my computer to Wednesday to remove a game program. after this reset, avast no longer would start. the firewall still works, but i cannot run any scans, update, or anything. nothing, no part of the actual program will function. i am not so much of a novice that i do not know (means i do know) about the services folder and how to start/stop programs, how to repair programs and stuff. none of these fix the problem.

windows xp 32 s-pac 3.

-bugman

Offline oldman

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Some days..... MOS...this bug's for you
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2013, 03:04:28 AM »
Hi bugman,

This solution has worked for many with the same problem.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=120454.msg924315#msg924315

The post right below the one linked to is pretty much the same but has a bit more info for registering the free version.

michaeltoo

« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2013, 09:26:20 AM »
Thanks @oldman

This solution has worked for many with the same problem...

This thread is all about "that solution" not working for many  people -

This really needs Avast overhaul :)

No seriously, Avast technicians really do need to get in on this - or people in the public will waste many hours, or as some have already - even days, trying to make something happen that will not come to pass as things presently stand - and that is not going to encourage people to get the paid version is it?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 09:29:01 AM »
Does this still happen with 1484..??
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

michaeltoo

« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2013, 01:37:27 PM »
Hi Asyn,
no longer using Avast so I don't know.

tgm1024

« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2013, 10:28:05 PM »
I've got the EXACT same problem.  I haven't a clue what's going on either.

And I'm also Win XP / SP3 (32 bit).