Author Topic: Warning, can not scan some .bin files  (Read 2505 times)

SyBerGuy

Warning, can not scan some .bin files
« on: March 25, 2013, 08:26:56 PM »
Hello,

I am using Avast 8.01.1483.72 and Windows 7 Pro.   I did a complete scan and get a warning that four program files package XXXXXXXXXc.bin can not be scanned. I tried to click on them to move to the virus chest/vault, but the click-able was grayed out.  I then did a Google search and it said that .bin files can be associated with CD/DVD, amongst other files.  This morning I had uploaded Avery Labels software for doing graphics on CD/DVD disks (Paper labels), with some of the the uploads being templates.   So my guess is that these .bin files are associated with this (no dates showing ?).

Any comments, thoughts on this would be helpful... harmful to my computer not removing or isolating them? 

Tx,

SyBerGuy

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Warning, can not scan some .bin files
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 08:34:41 PM »
I tried to click on them to move to the virus chest/vault, but the click-able was grayed out.
because they are not infected, files that can not be scanned are just that, it does not mean they are infected

this is the most frequently asked question in the forum so lots of info if you search....

SyBerGuy

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 03:45:24 PM »
Thanks Pondus, for your reply. It was quick and to the point and answered my question.  However, I also did a search as you suggested "bin" "bin files" "bin. files"... and did not see any thing where it addressed my initial question... just to many varied and technical "Mumbo Jumbo" so to speak, FYI.

Tx,

SyBerGuy

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2013, 03:53:05 PM »
I meant "files that can not be scanned" search