Author Topic: NEW UNICODE EXPLOIT BEING UTILIZED IN IE10?  (Read 2235 times)

UserA789

NEW UNICODE EXPLOIT BEING UTILIZED IN IE10?
« on: March 26, 2013, 06:06:27 PM »
Iv been experiencing multiple problems copy/pasting inside of IE 10.  When I copied the information to a notepad; it informed me it contained UNICODE that would be deleted if I continued to save the NOTEPAD copy/paste.  I encounter various issues when copy/paste to a web form; such as extra characters... not pasting... erases previously designated meta-tags on NON copy/paste information already typed.

Im sure this is just a bug and not a virus, but maybe Avast! can investigate it further.

Thanks, nothing else I can give at this point.  When I can 'capture' more on this Ill update the thread.

BTW:  After a Google search, this is all I can find:

http://www.us-cert.gov/ncas/bulletins/SB13-077 -which doesn't cover much on this.

If there is anything I can do to get further evidence, let me know as well.

UserA789

Re: NEW UNICODE EXPLOIT BEING UTILIZED IN IE10?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2013, 06:10:25 PM »
...also, a quick re-check of my IE settings had the INTERNET, INTRANET, and RESRICTED zones all set to CUSTOM rules.  Iv set them back to default, wher they should have been.

UserA789

Re: NEW UNICODE EXPLOIT BEING UTILIZED IN IE10?
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2013, 07:15:10 PM »
UPDATE:  More changes to my settings being uncovered:

I had my TRACKING PROTECTION set to automatically block.  However, there was a list that had been marked as UNDECIDED(Allowed) added to my TRACKING PROTECTION.  This was the first time this had occurred.

I will apologise for things that may or may not have to deal with the other, but its strange finding this new UNICODE issue that Iv not encountered before and then finding MANY of my settings changed.  I am the ONLY admin user on this machine as well.

If anything can be explained, as to rule it out, please do so.  Thank you.