Author Topic: Green Lower Toolbar and Desktop Green?  (Read 10089 times)

Southern Man

Re: Green Lower Toolbar and Desktop Green?
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2005, 09:23:08 PM »
Hi david,
 HOORAY! success at last!i managed to post the desktop and toolbar screenshot,hope you and the guys at AVAST- VIK? or technical can figure out this problem!
 After the AVAST BLUE ICON SHORTCUT is clicked on desktop that is when all the colours go MAD and change as you can see,after AVAST does a memory test the desktop re-boots to this colour screen,also all my TOP icons in MOZILLA FIREFOX change colour too.
 When i get the small screen white/grey box appear after the memory test if i close down this box the desktop re-boots itself?.
 If i keep the white box and choose skins i get the choice of skins ok,and if i apply the colour e.g szc kde i get a nice BLUE GUI.
 Once i have the main screen up ithe desktop seems to re-boot again and all is ok?
 I have only (1) anti-virus resident guard active all the time which is AVG with the main AVG 7.0 program all the rest are on-demand av scanners e.g avpe,bitdefender.
When i first installed AVAST I custom INSTALLED IT without the standard/web shield enabled so as not to conflict with AVG.
 I have zone alarm firewall,and i am running XP SP2 512mb memory.

regards

southern man.

lee16

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2005, 11:05:20 PM »
Southern Man,

From your screenshot i can see you infact are running more then one resident scanner at the same time, it looks like avast, avg and Antivir.
This is most liley your problem..IMHO

--lee

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2005, 11:32:49 PM »
Yes Lee is right... you are running more than one resident antivirus in the same time on same machine. Avast! icon is active and not crossed as it should be when resident providers are disabled.

Another thing... a waaaaaaaaay too much things in your system tray... so many things running in the same time, something must go wrong somewhere. It's not normal that someone have so many things in startup, as you can see, very very soon you'll run out of space for additional icons...
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Southern Man

« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2005, 02:15:17 PM »
Thanks guys LEE and SZ for having a look at my screenshot,you are correct about avast not having the red cross in the blue ball,i HAD enabled that before in the custom setup so i that I DID NOT  have resident guard/web shield ect,i even went into add/remove programs to disable the guard!, and i did have the red cross previously,but i un-installed avast and re-installed it and forgot to do that my fault,but even when the red cross was in the blue ball i still had the same problem?,now and in the past.
 I only have AVG as my resident guard AVPE is installed only as a on demand scanner without the RESIDENT GUARD enabled from the initial setup program,the other one which you can see in the toolbar is red is Bitdefender FREE 7.2 (far right toolbar) and is a scanner ONLY and has NO virus guard enabled in this free edition.
 One more point i would like to make guys ,about 1 year ago i had only AVPE installed with virtually nothing else except zone alarm,spybot,adaware,win patrol that was it!,i uninstalled avpe COMPLETELY and installed AVAST 4.5 because of good reviews,i had exactly the same problem with the colours and desktop re-booting after selecting menu ect,so i had to un-install it unfortunately.
 I have looked through the FORUM quite thoroughly to see if anyone else has had this problem now or in the past,and cannot find any one with the same problems as i have,i have also looked elsewhere on the net,so it looks like it must be something to do with me!,maybe i should un-install everthing and just load up AVAST and try that,what do you think?.
 Regards the many icons in the system tray could this possibly be a cause a problem do you think,which ones would you suggest to have,and those to lose?,for me i like to keep an eye on everything hence the many icons
 By the way thankyou all for a friendly and helpful forum,good advice with mannners,which some sites do not always afford.

best regards

southern  man.