Author Topic: Software Updater not showing Chrome  (Read 2051 times)

nine9s

Software Updater not showing Chrome
« on: March 05, 2013, 03:51:29 PM »
I have Avast 8 Free on two computers.  One has Chrome and Internet Explorer (Acrobat reader and Flash and Java have been removed.)  Other has Chrome and Internet Explorer and Acrobat flash.    One computer only shows Internet Explorer under Avast Software Updater (no Chrome shown even though on PC.) The other shows both Chrome and Internet Explorer under Avast Software Updater but not Flash.

Why does Chrome show under one and not other?  And should Flash sow on the PC that has it?

gisot

Re: Software Updater not showing Chrome
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2013, 04:54:06 PM »
Just bringing this topic back up, I think it deserves reconsideration by Avast team. Incorporating Chrome browser into the software updater seems like a must have knowing that Chrome is now part of Avast installation package and could also alarm Avast team to enable the script shield to work on the new version.
Are we suppose to point to the fact that with every new version of Chrome browser the script shield doesn't work?

iroc9555

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2013, 05:14:56 PM »
Chrome is one of the browsers that Software Updater monitors. For whatever reason when a program is updated automatically or manually before SU has been refreshed with the new version of the update, the program disappears from SU. When Avast! updates SU, Chrome will reappear.

It happened to me with FF. SU said the update was FF 19.0.1 and I updated to 19.0.2. when SU failed to show the upgrade, I rescanned it and FF disappeared. It did not show up again until next day or after when it says that the FF version was 19.0.2.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 05:18:38 PM by iroc9555 »

Alievitan

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2013, 10:58:29 PM »
Just bringing this topic back up, I think it deserves reconsideration by Avast team. Incorporating Chrome browser into the software updater seems like a must have knowing that Chrome is now part of Avast installation package and could also alarm Avast team to enable the script shield to work on the new version.
Are we suppose to point to the fact that with every new version of Chrome browser the script shield doesn't work?

You might try to put in a support ticket.   I am sure all support tickets will eventually be looked at by Avast people, in contrast to forum posts given the pure number of post in any given day.