Author Topic: Please help!  (Read 3652 times)

neiby

Please help!
« on: March 12, 2005, 04:59:20 AM »
I installed the latest version of Avast, 4.6.618, and now I have a turnip growing out of my head! The turnip was definitely not there before I installed Avast so this must have something to do with the latest version.

I'm really mad about this. Avast should warn us that the new version could cause small garden vegetables to grow out of our heads.

And where is the Avast External Turnip Removal Tool???

;D

Sorry, I'm in a weird mood. :-)

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
Re: Please help!
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 06:24:32 AM »
First of all, you didn't mention what's the problem you are having with latest avast! program build. Turnip isn't a part of avast!, that's for sure... how it grew on your head, who knows, because you never mentioned what was the real problem you have experienced with release 4.6.618.

Second of all, 4.6.618 is BETA release. No one is forcing anyone to download it and install it. Many of us are here to give avast! technical support as well as to test BETA releases. We use that at our own risk. We are well prepared for problems that can occur, therefore we have our system backups (image files) ready.

Downloading and installing a BETA is not a must. If you think you can handle possible issues with newest BETA release, and you decide you'll go with BETA, it's your own decision, your own way. BETA means that this release is still under intensive construction and it's a TEST release, even though Alwil Software never failed on us. Testers chose to install and test beta versions voluntarily, accepting all possible situations after installing test version. So far I haven't noticed any single problem with 4.6.618.

Cheers !
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

neiby

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 06:37:22 AM »
My apologies. :-) My post was just a joke intended to lighten the mood a bit. I completely understand that no version of Avast, beta or otherwise, could possibly account for a vegetable growing out of my head. LOL

Like I said, I'm in a weird mood and perhaps the joke didn't translate well. :)

I love Avast! It's the best AV on the market. (and it has no bad side effects related to vegetables.)
« Last Edit: March 12, 2005, 06:42:17 AM by neiby »

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 03:07:27 PM »
Hahaha, you're weird dude...lol

But what can I say ? We've seen some really really weird requests and complaints, so this wasn't too weird... I put this in middle weird section  ;D

Anyway, if you or anyonre else experience some problems in the future, best you can do is give a lots of details about your system, and try to explain as close as possible what happens when that problem occurs...

I understand, growing turnip on your head is hard to solve, and I don't think avast! or any other antivirus have ability to fight with that one... but I know that kitchen knife can do mirracles  ;D  ;D  ;D

Well, I tried to help, but it looks like there is no avast! related problem in here... so, I'll just continue with your funny game... I played in Photospop again...  :D see attachment  ;D

Take care neiby !
Cheers !
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

FastGame

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2005, 03:37:41 PM »
LoL this is funny  :D

neiby

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2005, 05:06:16 PM »
SZ-cRaftEc,

That is awesome! LOL Way too funny! :)

John

jenai

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2005, 06:21:10 PM »
LOLOLOL  That's great!!  But, ummm that looks more like a beet and not a turnip.. rofl
Seriously, awesome job!  ;D

Jen

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2005, 06:36:43 PM »
Yes, beet, turnip... al the same... In my English-Croatian-English dictionary, it states that turnip can be called beet sometimes, so I didn't know which one neiby had in mind, hehe... anyway I'm glad I could cheer you up people.

It's nice to cool down a little bit from all those serious security isses sometimes, am I right or what ?  ;D