Author Topic: how many licenses?  (Read 4716 times)

sushiman

how many licenses?
« on: March 12, 2005, 06:25:37 PM »
I was interested in using/purchasing your Server edition, but was a little confused on the licensing terms. Is the server product (US $399) only for the server? Or does this cover some number of workstations also. I currently use NAV and the cost is about the same, but it covers 10 workstations.

Thanks!

Mark

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: how many licenses?
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 06:36:13 PM »
Several threads already are answering this question as well as Avast's website.
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=9152.0

Quote from Vlk:
In the SBS case, the avast license needs to be of the same number of CALs as the SBS itself.
I.e. if it's e.g. a 10-user SBS, then it needs to be a 10-seat SBS avast license

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 09:23:35 PM »
Sorry the Server license is for the server only. For the workstations, you'd need separate avast Professional licenses.
Are you saying that you got the price of ~$400 for a server + 10 workstations? 1 year / 2 year? How much was the renewal?

Thanks
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

sushiman

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 12:17:13 AM »
1) When i purchased NAV Corp Edition from Fry's Electronics (large computer chain store in CA) the purchase price was $399 for 1 server license + 10 client licenses for a 1 year term.

For the upgrade/renewal -> It lists (on norton's website) $450 for 1 server license + 10 client liceses for 1 year term.

I'm not sure why it was cheaper to purchase in the first place ... maybe i got some great deal at the time....

2) But with Avast, i must purchase 1 server license and 10 professional licenses so i am completely covered. Does the server version control the client machines (ie. run virus scans of client machines from server). I am running windows 2000 server (as a domain controller)

Thanks