Author Topic: Comodo firewall and avast  (Read 4247 times)

Zonavast

Comodo firewall and avast
« on: May 05, 2013, 11:50:35 PM »
Can i have all the antivirus enabled in Avast if i run Comodo firewall? Even the Network Shield, without conflict? I have turned of Avast firewall.

Offline JuninhoSlo

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Comodo firewall and avast
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2013, 12:50:53 AM »
Well I used Avast Free and Comodo firewall before I upgrade to Avast Internet Security and I didn,t have any problems,so you can use Avast and Comodo firewall easilly,but why did you disable Avast firewall,you pay for AIS licence and now you are using other firewall,if I were you I will remove Comodo firewall and use only Avast firewall (AIS) of course it,s your choice.

Zonavast

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2013, 12:53:36 AM »
I'm just using the trial of Avast. I like it, but i think Comodo firewall is a little bit better.

Seany007

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2013, 12:58:08 AM »
Can i have all the antivirus enabled in Avast if i run Comodo firewall? Even the Network Shield, without conflict? I have turned of Avast firewall.

Yes you can. I run them both. You can leave the Network Shield on no issues what so ever.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2013, 11:17:39 PM »
I use Comodo Firewall and avast (check my signature).

See http://www.softpedia.com/get/Security/Firewall/Comodo-Personal-Firewall.shtml
To avoid installing the Comodo Anti-Virus follow these instructions http://www.knightwithapc.com/2011/11/download-comodo-firewall/  :)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline MrMaxaMan

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 03:07:40 AM »
I'm still getting random BSOD's on boot, since I updated to Avast 8, so are other Comodo Firewall users. So there may still be a problem using the two.
Avast Free 20.3.2405 - Comodo 12.2.2.7036 Firewall with D+ - Winpatrol Free.
On demand - MBAM - Super Antispyware.
Windows 10 64bit - 16GB Ram.

Offline cheater87

« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2013, 04:01:14 AM »
No problems so far here.
I have Opera, WOT, K9 Web Protection, Avast Free web shield and Behavior blocker only, Comodo Internet Security 10, and common sense. ^_^