Author Topic: updates on reinstalled avast free antivirus  (Read 1748 times)

reysajam

updates on reinstalled avast free antivirus
« on: March 31, 2013, 03:07:36 PM »
hello  :) my problem with my antivirus goes like this--i'm a windows 7 user.i got an avast free antivirus. and i restored my system to an earlier time.then after the succesful restore, avast notified me that i wasnt protected anymore and wen i went to see it had switched to become avast pro antivirus.  :( i watched this video on youtube about this guy having the same problem as i did.wat he did was restored again his system and so i did too.wen that didn't work i decided to uninstall my avast using aswclear.exe prgram then reinstalled avast free antivirus again. it was succesful but my program version and engine and virus definitions were obsolete and needed updating.so i tried to manually update it but it doesnt seem to progress and just say that its still initializing.
i'm no computer expert and this is the first time this has happened to me.PLS HELP ME !! :'(

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: updates on reinstalled avast free antivirus
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 03:32:20 PM »
Repair avast!:
1. Control Panel -> Add/Remove programs -> avast!
2. Click on 'Repair'.
3. Follow instructions.
4. Reboot.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0