Author Topic: Spybot  (Read 2900 times)

jazz2pizazz

Spybot
« on: March 13, 2005, 05:40:49 PM »
Help with Spybot spys.  Avast says in its report that it has found 68 spyware associated with Spybot but it is password protected.  We supposedly deleted this program over a year ago.  These files were not listed in either the virus portion or the chest only in the report.  Also once you have viewed the report ,how do you bring it up again?  As you can see I am a novice at computers but with my limited knowledge I am grateful that this program is protecting my system.  I am also using Spy Sweeer, but need to install a firewall.  Have any suggestions?   Thanks very much for you help.

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Spybot
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 05:50:47 PM »
Avast says in its report that it has found 68 spyware associated with Spybot but it is password protected.
More likely Avast is saying unable to scan. That is because they are encrypted.

We supposedly deleted this program over a year ago.
add/remove in the control panel often is not enough. You also have to clean the registry and manually check if the entire folder the application was in is really gone.

Also once you have viewed the report ,how do you bring it up again?
Avast has a log vieuwer.

but need to install a firewall.
Hint: Use the search option before asking. A lot of threads are explaining about firewalls and give more information about them

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Spybot
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 06:42:24 PM »
Avast says in its report that it has found 68 spyware associated with Spybot but it is password protected.
It is not saying that as Eddy said, simply telling you it couldn't scan these files and gave the reason why.

In Spybot if you remove adware/spyware/malware, spybot does a back-up so you can restore/recover any accidentally removed, after a period of time without any adverse effect on your system, you can remove these old back-ups. This will reduce the number of un-scanable files.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security