Author Topic: Disk Imaging  (Read 6769 times)

cmabie

Disk Imaging
« on: April 01, 2013, 10:15:38 PM »
Any special requirements when deploying by disk imaging?  Most programs have a command line, or other tool for unique registration with command and control servers.

Che Johnson

Re: Disk Imaging
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 10:27:18 AM »
What console are you using?

cmabie

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 02:46:44 PM »
What console are you using?

I'm using the AEA " avast enterprise administration" console, but do the different console types have an affect on disk imaging?

jhowzr

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2013, 08:17:45 PM »
We are using the EA console too and are preparing our images for deployment this summer. Could you tell us, please, is there a command line application or procedure we need to do to "generalize" our client install for imaging?

Our idea is to include the customized avast workstation setup package in our base image, sysprep it, and then take a disk image of the system. Will it cause issues with our enterprise console when the computer comes online post imaging? My fear is that it will have a unique identifier associated with the original computer and that we'll be duplicating that identifier to all subsequently imaged machines.

Thank you for your help.

Offline steveinbuffalo

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 09:50:33 PM »
We've been doing this.  It appears to grab a new license under the new machine name.. but you can get multiple used if you do something like come up as a workgroup machine, then join the domain while avast is installed.. you end up with 2 entries and I assume 2 licenses in use in the server.  It seems to clear if you delete the dupes from the console.

zlloyd

« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2013, 04:53:26 PM »
We are interested in the proper procedure as well.  From what I've read in the other forums, one must run "aswimgpr.exe" prior to imaging in order to clear the GUID.  I cannot find that executable, however.

zlloyd

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2013, 03:30:10 PM »
It appears Windows XP machines can be imaged with no problem.  However, after imaging two Windows 7 machines, only one of them showed up in the administration console and the IP address of that entry swapped between the two computers.

How do we clear the GUID prior to imaging?