Author Topic: Flashing hard disk light from File System Shield.  (Read 2089 times)

DanS1

Flashing hard disk light from File System Shield.
« on: March 19, 2013, 04:40:54 AM »
Hello.  Just recently I noticed my hard disk light flashing continuously, about 3 times per second for as long as the P.C. is turned on and booted. I've tried closing and re-opening any running applications attempting to isolate the cause. I pin-pointed it down to the File System Shield in the Avast program. Maybe that isn't the cause but when I stop and start all the individual shields no change with the blinking disk light until File System Shield is stopped. It is then that the disk light behaves normally again until this particular shield is reactivated.
Anyone else or is this something developing uniquely on my  P.C.?
Thanks you in advance for any help with this.

Dan

fnukyguy

Re: Flashing hard disk light from File System Shield.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 05:34:35 AM »
can it be because of the AvastUI.exe disc activity bug? read  http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=116344.msg903151#msg903151

DanS1

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 08:05:15 AM »
Not sure but it very well could be the same thing. I was beginning to think the hard disk was on it's way out until I found that stopping that particular shield cleared it up. Oh well, guess I'll just take the infection risk for that portion and disable File System Shield until the the next program update. I'll re-enable it then to see what gives.

DanS1

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2013, 11:37:52 AM »
Well, after updates have past, the symptoms remain. I tried complete Avast software removal and re-installed 3 times with no change. Today I removed it again and went back to version 7.0.1407 and it performs fine. I'll stay with this. At least I can now I can run all the shields again, like before the upgrade. :)