Author Topic: Install a workstation client without using the Administration Console  (Read 6486 times)

jmeddaugh

I have the Avast! Endpoint Protection Suite. I would like to put the client endpoint protection install file on a flash drive, and install myself. How do I get the install files from the Administration console?

I know I can push the installations out via the console, and I have created 2 installation packages (1-workstations, 2-servers).

utdpauls

Re: Install a workstation client without using the Administration Console
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2013, 06:23:44 PM »
Create a standalone package just like the two you already created.  Select the radio button for "Just generate setup package (don't deploy anything).  Make the setup path whatever you want it to be.  The resultant setup.exe is a silent installer with your settings.

jmeddaugh

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 06:51:26 PM »

I don't see a radio button for "Just generate setup package",when I create a new package.  Could you explain a little more, please?
Thank you!

utdpauls

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 06:58:56 PM »

I don't see a radio button for "Just generate setup package",when I create a new package.  Could you explain a little more, please?
Thank you!
When you right click on Deployment Tasks in the Tasks section and select Create New, a New Task -"unamed" window appears.  In the Install tab (or selection, if you will) you will find the radio button.  Select the installation package you want to use, then change the radio button to what I described and you can save the resultant package to the hard drive.

jmeddaugh

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 07:04:41 PM »
Perfect! Thanks a lot!!

IdahoTech

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2013, 06:26:54 PM »
Hello, I have tried this and I cannot seem to generate a file for a self install file. Also I downloaded the client file from the email we received and I have to use the Lic. file every time I install it.

Why can I not create the install file? I told it to put the file on the root of C: and nothing. This is installed on Win7.  Am I missing  something?

ironman37

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2013, 07:00:56 PM »
i couldnt get the package to generate either. What i did was download the standalone client installer, installed as a trial and when it connected to my server it automatically got the license.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 07:15:36 PM by ironman37 »