Author Topic: Changing... help?  (Read 2038 times)

Kiozuky

Changing... help?
« on: April 04, 2013, 03:24:31 AM »
Hello, I'm here with a little problem I have on me...

I, by mistake changed to the  Pro version of the antivirus, but I'd like to have my free version again.

Is there something I could do without uninstalling it?  or do I have to download the free version and re-install it?

thank you for your time in advance and sorry for such a simple question ^^;

Diddy

Re: Changing... help?
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 09:17:17 AM »
HI my solution would be to go to avast.com and download the free version of avast free and reinstall it.  make sure to uninstall avast pro first though.

have a good day

Offline Staticguy

• Super Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 11:36:18 AM »
Hello, I'm here with a little problem I have on me...

I, by mistake changed to the  Pro version of the antivirus, but I'd like to have my free version again.

Is there something I could do without uninstalling it?  or do I have to download the free version and re-install it?

thank you for your time in advance and sorry for such a simple question ^^;

Uninstall avast! 8 via add/remove? Restart your machine. Download the avast! uninstall utility, but don't run it. Turn your machine in safe mode and run the avast! uninstall utility. It will ask you to restart. Download and install avast!8 Free version
DELL Inspiron 15" 7000 Gaming, Windows 10 Home Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1237), Trend Micro Maximum Security 2021 (17.0.1333), Avast SecureLine VPN (5.12.5655), Windows Firewall, Unchecky 1.2

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 06:48:00 PM »
1) download and save http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_free_antivirus_setup.exe
2) download and save http://www.avast.com/uninstall-utility
3) run the uninstall utility (when prompted, click re-boot into safe mode)
4) re-boot into normal mode
5) install from #1 (use custom install)
6) register and reboot  :)

Or...
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.