Author Topic: A huge thanks to Avast 8! :)  (Read 2073 times)

Avastlover24

A huge thanks to Avast 8! :)
« on: April 04, 2013, 01:25:16 PM »
Dear avast team,

I've been using Avast! antivirus for 2 years now and guess what, I had not a single issue! Your recent software version -8- is more than awesome, and I'd like to make a statement about its new feature called "Software Updater".

Well... this tool has updated many programms I've, including critical versions of Adobe Air etc that I couldn't spot (for some reason). This has fixed MANY issues, I had with my browsers, flash player etc (as stated earlier, some stuff couldn't be spotted and updated before).

This new avast feature has made my computer more solid than before, by promoting me to update alot of "stuff".

You can't imagine how many issues / problems it fixed... (browser lag etc and the PC is new).

THANKS (sorry for the caps but you saved me...)  (again!)

Keep up tha good work avast! team and sorry for the huge post, I'm going to suggest you to people I know EVEN more.

God bless ya,
a huge avast lover.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: A huge thanks to Avast 8! :)
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 01:41:55 PM »
Nice to here some praise for a change in a support forum ;D

Yes, the software updater can be a very useful tool for the average user and for the guidance of others, unfortunately it has some detractors that immediately get angry at avast for installing it.

If as they say they are good enough to look after their own updates then they should also be able to uninstall the software updater in the same way as many other modules in avast. Later versions of avast will have a disable (permanent) button so they don't have to go looking for how to uninstall it.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline abruptum

• Massive Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 01:54:04 PM »
I am glad that SU is working great for you,but for users like
me who want updates immediately,SU is useless.Firefox 20 is out two days ago
but there is nothing in SU.Same thing is with Gom Player.Today Opera 12.15 is out
and there is nothing in SU about new version.So for users like me SU is useless.

Avastlover24

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 02:02:45 PM »
Sorry for writting in the wrong forum, hehe but I really wanted to thank ya guys! :)

Well personally I love this feature, I find it vital for the PC plus it fixed many setbacks of my laptop.

anyway, keep up the good work guys!

best regards,

George G.
~ proud avast user since 2 years

P.S For the user above: Well it may doesn't spot all the software yet, but it's still a vital tool and I'm sure it will be upgraded in the feature.

« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 02:04:28 PM by Avastlover24 »