Author Topic: Help! Cannot set pin recovery number. Pin Recovery Not set?  (Read 16894 times)

svehlak

Re: Help! Cannot set pin recovery number. Pin Recovery Not set?
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 06:07:29 PM »
A little clarification; PIN is not mandatory for running or using avast! mobile security, but it is required for setting up and running anti-theft. in case you have clean installation of mobile security (not anti-theft), PIN is not set - you can go to the settings and check "PIN protection". Now you have to enter new PIN - if you will, next dialog will brings you directly to set phone number for PIN recovery. When skipped, no phone number is set and therefore you can not use it.
The same way is used in anti-theft setting wizzard.
The PIN is stored in application settings which means, that if once mobile security and/or anti-theft has been installed and PIN set, new installation will always find the stored settings and will require PIN stored there.

sbudaj

« Reply #16 on: June 18, 2013, 11:45:39 PM »
I am having a similar problem. I had a PIN set. I know my PIN number. After a recent update, it appears that the PIN is no longer what I set it to. If I enter my PIN, I get a red exclamation point. Entering 0000 does not work. I am able to get to the settings and open them without a PIN, but I can no longer set a PIN or add a phone number for recovery because it is asking for a PIN and will not accept any PIN anymore.

Also, I cannot open Anti Theft anymore because it wants a PIN and will not accept my PIN or any PIN.

In a response above, you stated that if I reinstall, it will look for my old PIN, so how do I fix this and either completely clear out the PIN or make it so I can finally enter my PIN number?

Thanks.

svehlak

« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2013, 08:36:12 PM »
Sorry for late answer, for the solution please drop me an email. Can you please describe how exactly it happen&your device OS, type and kernel version? Thanks.

lumimoto

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 07:03:05 AM »
Have you tried to reset the PIN from a PC? Go to to your my.avast.com account, in the tab "My devices"  should appear your phone. Then just click See details->anti theft-> change settings and voila! you can change (or actually set your PIN)