Author Topic: Scan options are blank  (Read 2589 times)

J_D_H

Scan options are blank
« on: April 07, 2013, 01:12:14 AM »
Odd thing.

The first time I installed avast everything was fine but had an unrelated problem had to do a system restore and the only ones available were before the avast installation.

So when I reinstalled it, the only scan option I get is the Boot Scan. All others are blank. Just an empty box where the other scan options are.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled 3 times with same result.

Any ideas?

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Scan options are blank
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 01:22:35 AM »
System Restore can have unforeseen circumstances and avast (self-defence module) doesn't like what it tries to do with avast. This can cause corruption unless the self-defence is disabled before using SR.

Try a repair of avast:
XP - Add Remove programs, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Change/Remove button and select Repair, click next and follow.

Vista, win7 - Control Panel, Programs & Features, uninstall a program, select 'avast! Anti-Virus,' click the Uninstall/Change and select Repair, click next and follow.

You may need to reboot after the repair.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

J_D_H

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 03:08:32 AM »
Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately that didn't work.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2013, 01:58:21 PM »
Now this one is a grab in the dark, but given that avast now has a default scan, I wonder what would happen if you clicked on the Scan icon in the avastUI home page ?

Was your reinstall a clean reinstall incorporating the use of the avast uninstall utility ?

Have (or did) you another Anti-Virus installed in this system, if so what was it and how did you get rid of it ?
What other security based software do you have installed (firewall, anti-spyware, etc.) ?
What is your operating system ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security