Author Topic: Streaming Updates- Another weekend, another "connection not established"  (Read 7807 times)

mistercee

Seems to be a weekend and holiday occurrence. Very frustrating.

Offline miguelgrado

• Advanced Poster
  • Admin ForoAntispyware
    • Foroantispyware
here in spain ,two hours since last conexion...we will be patient 8)   let's hope that it should be only cuention a little time
conexion on in this moment... ;)
conexion off...
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 08:54:11 PM by miguelgrado »

mistercee

The last streaming  update was yesterday  at 12:26PM EST exactly the same time that  streaming updates stopped last weekend. Coincidence?

Offline abruptum

• Massive Poster
Almost 3 hours since last connection here in Croatia.
I think this is that maintenance or something they were talking about.

dallas7

The VPS at the time of this posting  is already over twelve hours old.  While I recognize there are several layers of protection at work, Cloud Intelligence is given highest kudos in the marketing of Avast products as "The" solution to zero day exploits.

What really bothers me about this is there is no venue where users can check on the status of the downtime - not here in the forum, on the Web site, Twitter, Facebook.  No where.  This leads me to believe the system can fail with regularity and no one is on the job.

This situation is seriously cutting into my consideration of paying for an upgrade.  Nor can I recommend Avast to my friends or relatives who, unlike me, would use it as the singular method of protection.   And who do most of their Web surfing... on the weekends.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
One thing to bear in mind is that Avast is (as far as I know) the only provider to offer this in addition to the standard updates.  Also if there is no additional data to send then why send anything

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
It has been working for me over the weekend, 38 streaming updates today.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Kaskad

One thing to bear in mind is that Avast is (as far as I know) the only provider to offer this in addition to the standard updates.  Also if there is no additional data to send then why send anything

essexboy, Avast is not the only one who provides streaming updates. ;)

Offline miguelgrado

• Advanced Poster
  • Admin ForoAntispyware
    • Foroantispyware
when there is no connection ,streamig updates no is the principal problem. principal problem is not filerep
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 11:56:18 PM by miguelgrado »

dallas7

"It has been working for me over the weekend, 38 streaming updates today."

It has not been working for me over the weekend, 00 streaming updates today.

"One thing to bear in mind is that Avast is (as far as I know) the only provider to offer this in addition to the standard updates.  Also if there is no additional data to send then why send anything"

I would bear that in mind if it weren't so daffy.  How do you know if there is no additional data to send?  You don't.   My point exactly.  And no updates when the VPS is 12+ hours old?  Really.

You both focus this discussion on streaming updates.  Avast touts the Cloud Intelligence as offering "several hybrid cloud technologies."  So, when the state is "Connection not established" then Several hybrid cloud technologies not established.

Considering the OK tray icon and the "Everything up-to-date" happy face, this speaks for the masses who don't even know this is happening to their Avast installations, free or otherwise.  Again.  The silence from Avast is deafening.  "Asleep at the switch" is something we can all... bear in mind.

And that's all I've got say about it being basically satisfied with Free.  I remember when it was a VCR.  ;)

Thank you!

hake

I'm so cross, I could crush a grape.

mistercee

Thank you AVAST for fixing streaming updates.

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
  • Never Be Rude
I'm receiving Streaming Updates this am..

Arnold72

Im sorry but what on earth is the difference between streaming updates and the cloud database.definitions are in the cloud and then simply streamed to you but you still have cloud cover so no avast is not the only vendor that has cloud technology.