Author Topic: Mac doesn't connect to Internet after installing Avast!  (Read 5056 times)

needshelpwithAvast

Mac doesn't connect to Internet after installing Avast!
« on: March 25, 2013, 03:30:39 AM »
I installed Avast! and ran a full system scan. Now my computer no longer connects to the Internet, and installing from the Uninstall command on the Avast! menu doesn't work. Please help! I have a Mac v.10.6.8

banjansit

Re: Mac doesn't connect to Internet after installing Avast!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2013, 01:25:41 PM »
Hi
You try the following program to remove all parts to Avast. It successfully removes all other programs and its features.

Program "appcleaner" http://www.freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/

After you reove Avast carry out a permissions repair.

Offline zilog

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • or #f0; daa; add a,#a0; adc a,#40
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2013, 12:05:22 PM »
I installed Avast! and ran a full system scan. Now my computer no longer connects to the Internet, and installing from the Uninstall command on the Avast! menu doesn't work. Please help! I have a Mac v.10.6.8

Hallo,
turning off avast's shields + rebooting should help (Preferences->Avast->Shields), even w/o avast uninstall.

pc
May's Law: Software efficiency halves every 18 months, compensating Moore's Law. (David May, INMOS)

Gnigbia2

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2013, 07:43:32 AM »
Hi All:

I hope this post will help anyone who has experienced difficulties accessing Internet/e-mail after installing Avast Antivirus for Mac!  For weeks, I could not seem to find a way around this issue, but I finally did.  In my case, AVAST! Antivirus for Mac free seemed to conflict with remnant files after uninstalling AVG Linkscanner for Mac.  To overcome this problem you need to carry out the following steps:

1) Download the most recent version of AVG LinkScanner for Mac. The package I downloaded is "avg_lsm_stf_all_2012_1813.dmg;
2) Locate the downloaded package either from your "Downloads" folder or your Desktop or the open window with the downloaded package;
3) Double-click on the dmg package that you downloaded to open it;
4) You will see a) a dmg box with "Install" underneath it, b) an empty basket with "Uninstall" and c) a "Manual";
5) Double-click on the empty basket to run the uninstall application. Once done,
6) Close the application and download Avast AntiVirus for Mac  and install it as you would normally do.

This time it should work.  Your Internet and e-mail will work.

Please share your experience with the community.

Good luck!

Best Regards,

Gnigbia2