Author Topic: Avast website exclusion is not working.  (Read 2354 times)

Offline OsFly

Avast website exclusion is not working.
« on: December 29, 2014, 02:19:29 PM »
Avast is starting to get very annoying. Its blocking a legal program thats still in alpha stage.
Tried to put the website in the exclusion list but thats failing to. Besides that every new Avast
version is getting worse and worse. This slowly start to give me the feeling that
Avast is the real thread and virus on my pc.

How can prevent that avats is triggering every time the download of that file or next alpha releases. The sometimes distribute a many on one day. Other have disabled the scanner complete to download it, not see that as solution.
And yes https scanning trouble is the first thing i have disabled after oi have seen the pushed avast 2015.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Avast website exclusion is not working.
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2014, 03:10:06 PM »
1) The program is still in alpha stage.
2) Upload the file to virus(at)avast(dot)com in a password protected zipped file.
    Use "alpha" as the password.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline OsFly

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2014, 03:38:07 PM »
One tiny small problem.  ::)
How can i upload it to avast if avast have dont let me download it ?
Btw its opensource and i have send the file as fals/positive already yesterday.

Offline OsFly

« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2014, 02:03:52 PM »
Still no usefull answhere here, sounds like avast is forcing users to disable the viruscanner at all ?
Better would be if avast fix the exclude list. i can add the url but avast still blocking the download, where now 2 builds later and it still blocking.

Offline OsFly

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2015, 10:33:49 PM »
Nice, but cannot upload it.  The above instructions are not clear. for mail its to large. and ftp dont connect.