Author Topic: AVAST - problems with updating; installing newer version  (Read 3191 times)

beatlefanLH

AVAST - problems with updating; installing newer version
« on: April 08, 2013, 12:10:38 AM »
Currently running version 8.0.1483.0.  I now have a red x by Avast Icon, system is unsecure.  My registration will expire on 7/20/2013.  It shows 0 days remaining.  When I select the Update engine and virus definitions, I get "Failed to update.  The avast@ service is not running."  Same message for update program.

I downloaded Avast! 8, avast_internet_security_setup.  When I try to run it I get the following message:  Error reading product data from F"\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\setup\part-setup_abp-ffffffffff.vpx".  Setup cannot continue."

When I select OK, I get:  an error 0 (00000000) has occured.  Last performed operation was:  spawning.

Any help is appreciated.  I don't like having an unsecure sytem.  Thanks in advance.

njmike

Re: AVAST - problems with updating; installing newer version
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2013, 02:20:44 AM »
Hey, remember me? You had posted in my thread stating you had the same issue as me.

I just wanted to share with you, I have had a reply in my thread which helped me solve this issue; it should work for you as well.

Go here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=120634.msg924241#msg924241