Author Topic: Affiliate question.  (Read 4628 times)

wayno

Affiliate question.
« on: March 09, 2005, 06:50:45 PM »
If I sign up to be an affiliate, can I buy from myself?

I do consulting for a couple of companies and have recomended Avast Pro to them. They want me to buy the software, install it and charge them for it on my invoice for services rendered.

If this can be done can I still regester the software in the companies name insted of mine?

Regards,
Wayno

techie101

Re: Affiliate question.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 10:18:16 PM »
If I sign up to be an affiliate, can I buy from myself?
The answer for this must ultimately come from the Avast Team, however, the main thing that you must remember is that a Pro license must be paid for.  If you pay for it, then I do not see a problem.
Direct this specific questiion to support@asw.cz

I do consulting for a couple of companies and have recomended Avast Pro to them. They want me to buy the software, install it and charge them for it on my invoice for services rendered.
Again, the license is being paid for.  You WOULD register it in the name of the company upon whose computer it is installed.  You are acting only as a agent here.  They are the ultimate "buyer".

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 10:42:46 PM »
I would say that sales(at)avast.com is even better address to use for similar questions.

techie101

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2005, 12:35:35 AM »
Yes, Sales may be able to give you a definite answer.  The only problem I see is that there is a commission returned to you for each sale......so it may have to be made clear that you are purchasing the Pro versions for customers.

For sales information please use sales@avast.com.

wayno

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2005, 01:01:47 AM »
Techie101 & igor:

Thanks for the responce. I have passed them to the address you supplied.

Wayno

wayno

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2005, 03:07:45 PM »
OK maybe someone can answer these questions here because I am getting very frustrated by the lack of responce to my emails I have sent on this subject. Going on two weeks now and no answer.... I hate to say this but I may be forced to another vendor soon.

The reason I came to the forums is the lack of responce to the first emails I sent.

???
« Last Edit: March 15, 2005, 03:09:44 PM by wayno »

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2005, 03:26:32 PM »
As far as I understand it, an affiliate gets an affiliate ID; then, when making the purchase on ShareIt, this ID is used as a mark that a comission goes to the affiliate. So, you use this ID to "log on" the secure shop.
During the purchase, you fill in the necessary data - such as the name, and also the credit card you will use for the purchase. So, if you fill in the name of the "target" company, and enter your own credit card - you will buy the licenses yourself, with the name of the company.

I think there shouldn't be any problem about it.