Author Topic: GOING PRO!  (Read 2559 times)

SCORPIONINBLUE

GOING PRO!
« on: March 16, 2005, 06:29:48 AM »
I have a concern about switching to  Avast professional, I'm running a Pentium II machine which at present uses 86% of available memory when on.  I only have programs that are absolutely necessary on it, now I heard that the amount of memory needed to run pro is sizable, and quite frankly I don't need any more of my machine's "juices" sucked up!!  LOL!!  I was planning on going Pro when I get a new p.c. (waiting for the prices to hit rock bottom, and their getting there!!) but I feel that I'm better off now with the present edition since my resources are so limited.  Now I know you guys are in business to make money, but can you see my concern?  I can say this, I'm not using any other antivirus program when I do replace this p.c. and I never hesitate to crow about your product to my friends!!  So trust me I'll be with you in the future!!  This support forum has been wonderful in helping me with all of  my p.c. questions and concerns, and in overcoming many of the fears I have as a novice user.   You guys really are the greatest!

Scorpioninblue

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re: GOING PRO!
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 09:40:17 AM »
Just a note: I don't think there are any noticeable differences in resource comsumption between Home and Pro versions.
The only thing that might use some more memory in Pro version is the Script Blocker provider, but I think it's rather insignificant. The rest are mostly additional files on your disk, which are usually not running.

SCORPIONINBLUE

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 07:50:51 PM »
Hi,
thanks for getting back, what you've said was reassuring now my question now is if I go 'Pro' at the present time, and I get a new p.c. how do I transfer the program to the new p.c.?  Or would the wiser thing to do is get the new p.c. and then buy "Pro.   I don't want to get involved in anything technical concerning transfer of data from one p.c. to another, which is why I may wait.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2005, 08:28:54 PM »
How do I transfer the program to the new p.c.? 

It's better you download the setup file again and install in the new computer.

Or would the wiser thing to do is get the new p.c. and then buy "Pro.

The license time for the Professional version will be 'consumed' earlier if the computer takes much time to arrive  8)
The best things in life are free.