Author Topic: Avast internet security won't work  (Read 1594 times)

MASTACHIEFPWN

Avast internet security won't work
« on: April 12, 2013, 12:55:09 AM »
Alright, so my computer seems to have been infected with a google redirect, nothing too bad, so I decided to run a scan with avast. But when I tried to remove the files (2 of them) Avast claimed that it couldn't.
I thought this was weird, so I ran a scan with Malwarebytes, and it detected 5 items, and it removed them, or moved them to quarintine or something.
So, I restarted my computer, and everything was normal for about 5 or so minutes, then the redirect started happening again. I opened up avast, planning to see if another scan would do anything, and I noticed an alert that everything was turned off. I tried to turn it back on, but it wouldn't work. Now at the top portion of the screen I am told that I have "0 days remaining" of my subscription.
I thought i had bought 2 years worth, or maybe a year, last September or July, I know it should not have run out by now. I bought Avast for this PC I am currently using, and I haven't even had it for a year.
I have no idea what is going on, or why it would be malfunctioning like this. I wasn't given any prior warning to losing my subscription, and I should still have it.

Did running malwarebytes cause this? And most importantly, how can I fix this? Because whenever I try clicking the start button, I am alerted something is trying to turn avast off.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 12:58:14 AM by MASTACHIEFPWN »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Avast internet security won't work
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2013, 01:11:18 AM »
fasle positives and virus problems should be poste in the virus and worms forum section

you seem to have a infection...start a topic in that forum section and you will recive help tomorrow, all the removal experts are in bed now

follow this guide and attach the requested logs....not copy and paste.  http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

AdwCleaner
Malwarebytes
OTL
aswMBR

when done a removal expert will be notified and help you