Author Topic: OMG Anti ..  (Read 2382 times)

kev12345678

OMG Anti ..
« on: April 12, 2013, 08:59:26 PM »
hi,

was testing anti theft and was very satisfied with the lates official build. everything was working fine... i then got my new sim and then it all messed up :(

first i activated the sim card on my other phone and made sure it was working... i then, of course, forgot about the anti theft and insterted the new sim ... alarm and everything went off, ok, good .... i put it my phone number at home into anti theft which is a regular voip cable phone and on receiving sms i get the call and a voice reads the sms out loud... i was like damn, every hour 10 calls which seems to be sms from my phone... i didn't find a way to stop this and i dont want to know how much i have to pay for the sms since i dont have a flat rate ...... i deinstalled theft, i deleted my phone profile online in the avast account and i finally restored a clean image of android jelly bean ... but the phone doesn't stop sending ! ... today only one but still, it costs money... and furhtermore, the new sim seems to be locked in my phone (it's a new rooted HTC one).... the card doesnt work in that phone... it does work in my other phone, so it's no a sim card issue ..... so, please, how do i make my new sim work and how do i stop sending sms .... it seems to be so deep inside the sd card that a regular recovery doesn't work otherwise my phone would stop sending and let me use my new sim card .... any ideas???
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 09:01:54 PM by kev12345678 »

kev12345678

Re: OMG Anti ..
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 10:12:45 AM »
ok, i just don't get it ... the phone doesn't have any sim card inserted right now ... in fact, i put the card in a different phone,  in a windows phone 7 where there's no avast at all ... and what happens? i get a call (sms) from my mobile number ...  how is that possible?
i just dont know what to do anymore... deleting theft, deleting registered phone online, deleting avast comepletely doesn't seem to work ... i'm pretty sure i'm just too dumb to understand this right and i would really appreciate some advice ... this is weird oO

Portos

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2013, 02:52:55 PM »
Anti-Theft is not in the SIM card, so the message must have been just arriving late.

Just put in any SIM, use the right passwords, re-install the software and delete it from within the main settings menu.
If you are a thief that tries to get rid of the protection, you will have a very hard time to remove it as its meant to almost break the phone or make it very hard to recover in case you have not the right passwords. That's a feature, not a bug ;)

kev12345678

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2013, 05:18:07 PM »
hey, thx... as i mentioned already, i deleted avast already and also reinstalled it, deleted it again... even if i was a thief i would have the power to delete it oO i hope it's just 'late' sms cause otherwise it wouldnt make sense... and currently im terrorising myself with this cause i didn't put a number of friends in the list, just my own ones ...  i know it's one of those things where no one can execpt a clear answer since i could be a thief trying to break the software .... but ok, can deal with it and just wait some more days... maybe sms will finally stop and it can't be the phone anyways sending these sms without a sim card inserted.... hope not mess it up again, cause i installed avast again without any phone numbers and without anti theft...

kev12345678

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2013, 09:09:17 AM »
OMG, I'm so stupid ...:D

Turned out, that the calls came from my cable network as it always tries several times until some one picks up the phone. That confused me so much ... Well, something you should keep in mind when not using mobile phone numbers ... :/

Sorry :)