Author Topic: Avast Sheild Control and Voicemail/121  (Read 8539 times)

nickbits

Re: Avast Sheild Control and Voicemail/121
« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2013, 02:47:41 PM »
Hi, 

Yep did exactly what was said:

• Created an empty file called "avast-debug" on your sdcard root
  • Rebooted phone
  • Left myself a message.
  • Text came through
  • Clicked Allow
  • Went into Avast and send feedback as instructed
  • deleted the file created above
  • reset phone

Nick

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2013, 02:52:09 PM »
Hi,

well, there is not a single word from Mobile Security in the log which means the app didn't pick up the file. That can have two causes, the device did not get rebooted or the file was created incorrectly. Don't you, by any chance, have two SD cards or a big internal storage + SD card? If that is the case, you might have created the file on the wrong one.

Filip

nickbits

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2013, 03:05:08 PM »
Hi,

I can assure you I followed the instructions and created the file on the SD Card root.  It was rebooted.  The instructions say nothing about creating it on internal storage.  File was created, used touch to do that so now it existed and was empty.  I therefore assume the instructions are incorrect and the file should not be created on the SD Root.  Can you point me to correct instructions or the location where I should be creating the file?

Nick

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2013, 03:14:42 PM »
Hi,

well, it needs to be in the root of the SD card (or storage), the problem is the definition of what storage is on Android since it basically can't operate with multiple storages. I think you can identify the root of the storage by locating path ./Android/data or ./Android/obb, on my device the paths are /sdcard/Android/data and /sdcard/Android/obb so SD card root for me is /sdcard and path to my debug file is /sdcard/avast-debug

Filip

nickbits

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2013, 04:09:39 PM »
Hi,

Will try that later, thank you.

Nick

nickbits

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2013, 07:37:45 PM »
Hi,

Just tried again, ticket ID this time - OEK-522-22741

First off I have a data file same directory as yours but no obb.  Have search both SD Card and internal storage.  Have searched using terminal and finder (mac).  So I assume the correct location is /sdcard.  So have done same again

Created an empty file called "avast-debug" on  sdcard (also tried HTC internal storage) root
    Rebooted phone
    Left myself a message.
    Text came through
    Clicked Allow
    Went into Avast and send feedback as instructed
    deleted the file created above
    reset phone

So heres hoping it may have gone this time.  If not:

1) is there anyway to check what is being sent as feedback before it is sent? That at least would let me know if it has got it or not.
2) is there anywhere else or anyway else of creating a log file? Perhaps should be an option to do so in the programe itself.

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2013, 11:33:47 AM »
Hi,

that's really weird, still nothing in there. There is a way to check if the file is working if you have device with android 3.x or less. On 4+ you need to set up Android SDK on your PC :(

Filip

nickbits

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2013, 05:45:56 PM »
Hi,

On Andriod 4 and don't really want to put ADK on my mac if I can help it.  Is there any other way to identify/check where the file should be placed?

Nick

nickbits

« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2013, 06:08:44 PM »
Hi,

So have put SDK on, not having found any other way.  So how do I check for the file/log with the SDK? 

Nick

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2013, 07:05:37 PM »
Hi,

with SDK you should be able to launch command "adb" via your console (it is located inside "platform-tools" directory in the SDK). Once you are able to, the parameter to this command that interests you is "logcat" (so the command is "adb logcat") which starts streaming all of the device logs to your console while you have your device connected via USB cable. Once you place the file in the correct location and restart Mobile Security (indeed full reboot of the device is not necessary - going into Settings of your phone and Force stopping Mobile Security then starting it again is enough), you should see a lot of logs (lines) with "avast" inside. Once you do, you are free to reproduce the issue and send us the logs like you did before.

Filip

nickbits

« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2013, 10:58:42 PM »
Hi,

Okay, done, but not seeing a lot of output.  Have done a "adb logcat | grep avast" assuming all entries will be marked avast.  I only see two lines that note SMS. Doesn't seem a lot to me.  Not sure what is going on.  Any suggestions of what else or where else to put the debug file?

Nick

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2013, 10:13:37 AM »
Replied via email.

Filip