Author Topic: Avast misjudges C++ Program made from VS2010 as Win32 Evo-gen.  (Read 5023 times)

zi0808

Hello. Sometimes when i build a program with Visual Studio 2010, program froze up and Avast! says it is Win32 Evo-Gen.
I had several times of this incident and i searched Google for this issue and find out that i wasn't the only one who is getting this.
But I also heard it was fixed by several updates, So I don't really know what the heck is going on.

I would be grateful if anyone help me out ASAP.

** About my PC :
A laptop, Windows 8 @ 64 Bit, Avast! Free Antivirus 7.0.1483
Locale/Location : Korean (South Korea)

Theblob

Re: Avast misjudges C++ Program made from VS2010 as Win32 Evo-gen.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2013, 11:24:27 PM »
given that they're not very quick at noticing user-reported bugs, let alone fixing them (their team is made of just 1 person, iirc) it looks like those kinda bugs aint getting fixed anytime soon ^^

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 12:05:01 AM »
If you haven't got anything positive to contribute to a topic then don't bother.

IIRC that you haven't got a clue how many the avast team consists of it is more than 1.

@ zi0808
If you can send a sample of the program compiled with Visual Studio 2010 to the avast labs for analysis.

You can do this by adding the file to the chest (if it already isn't there), see image and right click on it within the chest and Submit to virus lab.

NOTE: Your avast version is incorrectly reported as avast 7.0.1483, there is no such avast 7.0  .1483 build, that .1483 build number is associated with avast 8.0, so this is a mix between the two. Whilst I don't believe this will be the reason for the detection, but I would suggest that you do a clean reinstall and go to avast 8.0.1483.

- Download the latest version of avast, 8.0.1483 http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_free_antivirus_setup.exe and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again (if you didn't save your last download). Use that when you reinstall.

- Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, aswClear.exe find it here and save it to your HDD (it has uninstall tools for all versions).
  • 1. Now uninstall avast! - using add remove programs, if you can't do that (as appears to be the case) start from the next step, reboot.
  • 2. run the avast! Uninstall Utility, it will request it be run from safe mode (and will handle the boot into safe mode), first for 7.x if previously installed and then for 8.0, once complete reboot into normal mode.
  • 3. install the latest version, reboot.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

zi0808

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 07:18:33 AM »
If you haven't got anything positive to contribute to a topic then don't bother.

IIRC that you haven't got a clue how many the avast team consists of it is more than 1.

@ zi0808
If you can send a sample of the program compiled with Visual Studio 2010 to the avast labs for analysis.

You can do this by adding the file to the chest (if it already isn't there), see image and right click on it within the chest and Submit to virus lab.

NOTE: Your avast version is incorrectly reported as avast 7.0.1483, there is no such avast 7.0  .1483 build, that .1483 build number is associated with avast 8.0, so this is a mix between the two. Whilst I don't believe this will be the reason for the detection, but I would suggest that you do a clean reinstall and go to avast 8.0.1483.

- Download the latest version of avast, 8.0.1483 http://files.avast.com/iavs5x/avast_free_antivirus_setup.exe and save it to your HDD, somewhere you can find it again (if you didn't save your last download). Use that when you reinstall.

- Download the avast! Uninstall Utility, aswClear.exe find it here and save it to your HDD (it has uninstall tools for all versions).
  • 1. Now uninstall avast! - using add remove programs, if you can't do that (as appears to be the case) start from the next step, reboot.
  • 2. run the avast! Uninstall Utility, it will request it be run from safe mode (and will handle the boot into safe mode), first for 7.x if previously installed and then for 8.0, once complete reboot into normal mode.
  • 3. install the latest version, reboot.

Okay. I'll try your tip and tell the results when i'm done.

Offline Milos

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 11:32:49 AM »
Hello. Sometimes when i build a program with Visual Studio 2010, program froze up and Avast! says it is Win32 Evo-Gen.
I had several times of this incident and i searched Google for this issue and find out that i wasn't the only one who is getting this.
But I also heard it was fixed by several updates, So I don't really know what the heck is going on.

I would be grateful if anyone help me out ASAP.

** About my PC :
A laptop, Windows 8 @ 64 Bit, Avast! Free Antivirus 7.0.1483
Locale/Location : Korean (South Korea)
Hello,
send the detected files to virus@avast.com and put "False positive" to email subject.

Milos

zi0808

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 07:33:33 AM »
Okay, first sorry for not saying anything for a while. My PC was broken and therefore there was no way to post anything.  :(

I found out my avast was outdated and got wrong installation so I re-Installed it and now it seems it doesn't mistake my EXEs as virus,
But instead it runs Sandbox. Well, I can turn off sandbox in my project folder so I think this problem is solved.

Thanks everyone for the help.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 01:32:10 PM »
You're welcome.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security