Author Topic: After a restore system my free avast was replaced by Pro version  (Read 1867 times)

jrukim

I have to do a restore system  to a previous point and when it finished my free avast was replaced to a pro version on the end of trial period.
Solved the problem uninstall it on control panel, run aswclear and reinstall the free version. Now all is ok .
Running windows7 . I would like to know why this happen without my permition ?
Any ideia ?

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: After a restore system my free avast was replaced by Pro version
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 03:06:32 AM »
Well, I was not tracking it, but there is another thread about this in forum if I'm not wrong...
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: After a restore system my free avast was replaced by Pro version
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 03:17:51 AM »
I don't know why the particular issue of ending up with the Pro trial version after system restore, seems very strange to me. But using system restore (SR) can have unforeseen circumstances, also the avast self-defence doesn't like it if it tries to change avast, so the advice is if using SR disable the avast self-defence before using it and enable it after you are done with SR and have rebooted, etc.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security