Author Topic: SIM change  (Read 4137 times)

afranks

SIM change
« on: April 16, 2013, 10:46:02 PM »
Hi All,
New to this forum so please be gentle :)

Experia ARC S with anti-theft enabled

Anti-theft was enabled (not rooted) and configured to sound the siren when the SIM was changed. It was changed but I had forgotten to disable it - doh!

So now the siren goes off as soon as I touch anything, the prompt says enter the Avast PIN, which I do - and it is correct - but the phone still goes ballistic!
I've now deleted the phone from my Avast account and nothing has changed as far as the phone is concerned.

The Avast PIN is definitley correct and I don't want to lose any images that are on the phone so, is there a way to recover this please? I don't really want to factory reset the phone if I can avoid it

Many Thanks

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: SIM change
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 09:58:40 AM »
Hello,

please open Anti-Theft to mark the phone as "found".
you can either open it in the menu of Mobile Security or by dialing your pin like a phone number.

If this doesn't work, or your pin is not accepted - it probably isn't the correct pin.
contact me again at
mayr    at     avast . com

drgaurav75

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 07:47:03 PM »
1.i have recently changed my sim and as soon as i switch on my phone again ,it starts sending messages and i loose a lot of balance.how can i prevent this.
2. also it shows untrusted sim in my avast account for my phone. how do i change this status
3.i have also forgotten my pin in my avast phone account.is there a way to recover it
kindly help.i am in deep trouble
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 07:52:30 PM by drgaurav75 »

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2013, 01:04:59 PM »
how do i change this status

as I said - by opening Anti-Theft once.
I'll send you a private note to your forum account with a lost-pin-solution.

drgaurav75

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2013, 07:32:05 PM »
thanks for ur help.plz help me with the recovery of the pin
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 07:47:51 PM by drgaurav75 »

drgaurav75

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 06:17:05 PM »
i did what u had instructed me to do  but the problem is still persisting.the sim was untrusted earlier and its status changed to secure after following ur suggestion.however it reverted back to untrusted sim status a day later.i tried to uninstall avast in my phone but its asking for pin no. which i have messed up.plz help

reinhardholzner

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2013, 12:27:35 PM »
hm it could be that your phone might loose SIM status sometimes (SIM looking as disappeared) which triggers a notification.