Author Topic: Problem with Photoshop and win32:evo-gen  (Read 2120 times)

tlilitlili

Problem with Photoshop and win32:evo-gen
« on: April 19, 2013, 01:37:58 PM »
Hello,
I had an alert  this morning about win32:evo-gen. Since that Photoshop doesn't start because photoshp.exe is put in quarantine (but I don't know where !!). As reinstall Photoshop 6.0 might be complicated, I'd love to find a solution to restore PS running without reinstalling. I also saw on another forum that it should be possible if Photoshp.exe was quarantined by mistake (false positive??) and could then be replaced in his original location.
Photoshop, without to be my professionnal tool, is my every-day-used-tool because I am passionate about photography.
Thank you for your appropriate response !!!
How to know if it's becomed a false positive? How to restart Photoshop?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Problem with Photoshop and win32:evo-gen
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2013, 02:00:08 PM »
serch for photoshop and you find many posts about it

Offline Chim

• Avast Evangelist
  • Advanced Poster
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2013, 04:31:39 PM »
Not that I'm having this problem, but just out of curiosity, I decided to put myself in the original poster's shoes.
I searched for "Photoshop" here in the Forum and all that came back were the 2 comments in this thread.
I didn't remotely see anything approaching many Posts.

So, what did you mean by "Search for Photoshop and you'll find many posts about it?"
Search where?  Here on the Forum?  On the Net?
Dell Optiplex 780 / Core 2 Duo E8400 3.00 GHz / 4 Gig RAM / Windows XP Pro 32-Bit SP3 / Panda Dome  Free 18.07.00 / MBAM / SAS / NetZero Dial Up / Maxthon MX5 5.2.5.4000

Camelotshadow

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 05:49:26 AM »
Same problem last night
win32:evo-gen
Error 103

As is deleting or whatever the photoshop exe.
I uninstalled ps & deactivated A & I was able to install it last night but as soon as AS was back it did it again

No photoshop

I have the CD in it with AS disabled now & its corrupted so that I can't even install PS at all.

I need my Photoshop

WTH?