Author Topic: tenga virus keeps attaching its self to my exe after i have repaired it  (Read 23668 times)

michael cooper

Re: tenga virus keeps attaching its self to my exe after i have repaired it
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2013, 09:11:27 AM »
there was no log saved to desktop. any other places it might save? i have looked around and found nothing...

michael cooper

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2013, 09:47:23 AM »
nice... found the log... aswclnr log

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2013, 02:06:43 PM »
Just one that it failed to repair out of 118

How is the computer behaving now ?

michael cooper

« Reply #33 on: April 19, 2013, 02:48:57 PM »
fine... but let me first repair the files in avast chest then see if the tenga virus attaches its self again... im hoping the root of the virus is gone...

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2013, 02:52:19 PM »
OK keep me updated as I do have a few further tools to use if needed

michael cooper

« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2013, 08:44:55 AM »
hi sorry i didnt reply straight away i wanted to wait a few days and see if the virus came back... but it didnt and i can play hon, and all my other games in piece, and my windows update option has come back.. i noticed that i couldnt update via windows update the option was there but when i clicked i gave me an error that i now see has gone.. i gather the virus stopped my windows update exe... any way thanks allot to all the guys that helped  8) ;D  i will continue to support avast..... regrads mike. ad i special thanks to essexboy.....

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2013, 08:56:04 AM »
check back later today and he will remove the tools used.  ;)

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2013, 04:36:31 PM »
It's amazing how some of the old tools still work, I will put that one back in my toolbox  ;D

Subject to no further problems   :)

I will remove my tools now and give some recommendations, but, I would like you to run for 24 hours or so and come back if you have any problems 

Now the best part of the day ----- Your log now appears clean  :thumbsup:

A good workman always cleans up after himself so..The following will implement some cleanup procedures as well as reset  System Restore points:

Delete AswClnr from the desktop

Remove ComboFix
  • Hold down the Windows key + R on your keyboard. This will display the Run dialogue box
  • In the Run box, type in ComboFix /Uninstall
     (Notice the space between the "x" and "/")
    then click OK

• Follow the prompts on the screen
  • A message should appear confirming that ComboFix was uninstalled
Run OTL and hit the cleanup button.  It will remove all the programmes we have used plus itself. 

Clear Restore Points

Go Start > All Programmes > Accessories > System tools
Right click Disc Cleanup and select run as administrator
When it pops up at the first prompt select OK after it has done some calculations the tabs will appear
Select More Options tab
Press Sytem Restore and Shadow Copies Cleanup button

: Keep Java Updated :

WARNING: Java is the #1 exploited program at this time. The Department of Homeland Security recommends that computer users disable Java
See this article and this article.
I would recommend that you completely uninstall Java unless you need it to run an important software.
In that instance I would recommend that you disable Java in your browsers until you need it for that software and then enable it. (See How to diasble Java in your web browser and How to unplug Java from the browser)

Now that you are clean, to help protect your computer in the future I recommend that you get the following free programmes:

Malwarebytes.

Update and run weekly to keep your system clean

Download and install FileHippo update checker and run it monthly it will show you which programmes on your system need updating and give a download link

If you use on-line banking then as an added layer of protection install Trusteer Rapport

It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system and to keep them updated. To keep your operating system up to date visit To learn more about how to protect yourself while on the internet read our little guide  How did I get infected in the first place ?Keep safe  :wave:

michael cooper

guess what guys.... i am back... trust old tenga virus to attach its self again>>>>  every thing was fine... all i did was go to wiziwigs to watch the sports online and it started again.. avast pops up with virus detected. and its just those few game.exes and program exe files that keep getting affected. i repaired the files with avast and it worked.. then scanned clear, a few minutes later it some how attached its self again to my game.exes. u said last time that borderlands 2 1.4 update may be causing the problem. i still have the file on my pc (it didnt pick up any viruses when avast scanned the file) and it might be some how instructing the virus to keep attaching its self... but this is just my guess...                                                             (in fact it may have attached to a few more files this time seen as its a worm it just may have)

michael cooper

wow avast is useless.... my pc it just going mad...... every single exe is getting infected... while avast just deleted them... whats the point if it cant stop the virus really

true indian

You are kind of wrong...there a dropper some where in your machine hidden in some program that essexboy mentioned earlier that drops tenga malware on your machine when you execute the infected program,there is no 100% security program out there,every antivirus is just as statistically effective,now wait until essexboy comes back on here,It isnt avast's fault that you got infected and that dropper must be a brand new peice of virus or something,who knows how many AV programs detect it.

If you got infected,its your fault irrespective of the AV you use if you are cautious and have your brain on then you will never get infected,I had been without a AV for like 5 months last year and never got infected.  ;D

By deleting the infected files avast is trying to keep it away from spreading more.. ::)

michael cooper

ok... sorry i do under stand.. its just hard watching this virus slowly infect all my exe files and not do any thing about it... seriously need to find the source of the infecting...

true indian

More ever,you cant blame avast for this because as you mentioned previously you had avast disabled while you initially got tenga malware so maybe avast may have stopped it if it was enabled at that point  :o

Always,remember never ever disable you antivirus irrespective of whatever you do,most users always do this mistake and then began to blame their AV.

Now just wait until essexboy comes as he is best judge of what to do ahead.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Virut and other File infectors - Throwing in the Towel? Director of Research @ Malwarebytes
http://miekiemoes.blogspot.no/2009/02/virut-and-other-file-infectors-throwing.html

In anyway, that's how I see it. Imho, dealing with such infections is a waste of time and that's why I prefer the fastest and safest solution - which is a format and reinstall.
Many people may see this as "giving up", but I see this different.

michael cooper

so avast is not able to detect the main file that attaching this tenga virus to my files?...     and i do take full responsibility for allowing the file to first get in... well the virus is more then likely in one of my mny downloads. iv scanned them all and they appeared to be fine...     if i format my pc and copy over most of my stuff... the virus will be carried over i guess so i need to find the root source... ill just wait for essexboy,