Consumer Products > Avast Free Antivirus / Premium Security (legacy Pro Antivirus, Internet Security, Premier)
Generic Host Win32 Problem at startup
<< < (4/6) > >>
johnny223:
Today the error happened again, so i sent an error report to microsoft, the different is that this time, after sending the report, they provided a link for me to go to, it's a survey asking when the error happen and a little info about your pc so they can come up with something to fix it.  Looks like they finally realized the problem thanks to Vlk contacting microsoft.  Hopefully they come up with a solution soon 'cause this is getting annoying.

Thanks Vlk! :)
SUSZANNAH:
I get this message on occasions too, I would also like to know what  'generic Host'  means   :)
Vlk:
Good to know they started the survey. :)

To answer your question about what the Generic Host Process is, I don't know how proficient you're with computers but to put it simply, it's the process where the OS runs a number of its services. In other words, it's per se an empty shell that can contain some worker processes that do some helpful stuff though :))

Here's a link to the MS site that explains the same thing in MUCH more detail: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q314056&

Vlk
Falcon:
Hi,

After installing TweakUI (from Microsoft), I begin to have again the same problem.

Does this problem only occured for Avast users or does this Microsoft problem is generic and come even if Avast is not installed ?

Thanks for all effort being done by VLK to move Microsoft. Alwil is not only doing Antivirus, but make others softs being not infected  ;D

Thanks !
johnny223:
So is anything else being done besides starting the survey, because i'm still gettting the error message with the timestamp indicating the last time i shutdown the computer, not when the computer is starting up(which was what i expected), just like what  Kantjer said.

Can anyone give me an update on what's being done?  By the way, what's OLE?

Thanks. :)
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version