Author Topic: Mystery "N" non-clickable box appeared  (Read 2518 times)

JaakkoP

Mystery "N" non-clickable box appeared
« on: April 25, 2013, 09:29:50 PM »
Hi!

Can't help but be reminded of the film "The Net" with Sandra Bullock, in which a gang of uberhackers, called "praetorians" announce themself by a pi-sign.

What is that "N" box for? It doesn't do anything. It doesn't even have a interactivity in it (like clicking on it would make the thing look like it's being pressed). Or maybe, when I tried to click on it, my computer and brains were seized by Exxon oil or Microsoft or something like that. It appears when filling in the email address and disappears if you deselect the registration window, and won't appear again unless you cancel the registration and start again.

Gonna go sleep now, zzz... mumble... grumble.. pffhhlzzz... zz... no.. evil.. corporation... take.. brain.. zzzzz.. must.. buy.. oil.. and.. windows.. zzzz

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: Mystery "N" non-clickable box appeared
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2013, 11:38:49 PM »
The N is a screen remain when you click "Alt"... But, I think it shouldn't be there ;D
The best things in life are free.

JaakkoP

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2013, 10:04:06 PM »
Selfbump, I wanna know what's going on with this N thing.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2013, 12:18:04 AM »
They are usual shortcut keys, when you press the Alt key it toggles on/off it displays the shortcut key.

The easiest way to see it in action is to open the avastUI and click the Alt key and you will see the shortcut keys displayed.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security