Author Topic: Expired mail certificate  (Read 3995 times)

VVV

Expired mail certificate
« on: March 06, 2013, 10:24:22 AM »
After updating to Avast 8 I cannot get email when email scanner is enabled. Problem is that certificate of my email provider expired. Avast shows dialog to add exception, but button "Confirm exception" is diabled. I have to disable email scanning at all. Is it possible to ignore expired certificate?

Sincerely yours,
Viatcheslav V. Vassiliev

petrusknut

Re: Expired mail certificate
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2013, 12:24:32 PM »
We have , we believ e, the same problem. We get invalid certificates when trying to down load or send mail using Thunderbird, XP Home, latest version of Avast. This problem is intermittent

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Re: Expired mail certificate
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2013, 12:51:02 PM »
Check out this:
- SSL ACCOUNTS - Avast8 can now handle the SSL emails without having to modify your email settings in your email program.

If you previously had avast 7 you will have needed to change your email program, account settings to allow avast to scan SSL email, these changes need to be reversed, e.g set back to the SSL ports and Authentication.

Delete the entries for your email accounts in the avast Mail Shield > Settings > SSL Scanning.

- SSL error unable to get local issuer certificate -
Hello,
check if you have the avast certificate in Thunderbird, see
https://feedback.avast.com/responses/mail-shield-related-ssl-eror-unable-to-get-local-issuer-certificate

If you accepted some certificates after being alerted by Thunderbird, go to the Servers tab in their Certificate Manager and delete those below the 'avast! Mail Scanner Root'.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security