Author Topic: Not Related To Avast But Strange/Never Mind  (Read 5786 times)

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
  • Never Be Rude
Re: Not Related To Avast/Don't Appreciate The Insult
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2013, 01:30:21 AM »
Not to be rude but, why does your personal message say "Looking for a new AV Program"?  ???

If you don't like avast good luck with something else.  :)

I'm not looking for a new AV Program and I'm going to delete the personal message.

I like Avast very much and I plan on keeping it forever.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 02:15:09 AM by -midnight »

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Not Related To Avast But Strange/Never Mind
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2013, 03:49:23 AM »
Better!  8)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
  • Never Be Rude
Re: Not Related To Avast But Strange/Never Mind
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2013, 12:14:45 PM »

Isn't a beta version.

Define acting up ?

I can't in my wildest dreams see that windows logon issue being related to an avast update, regular/beta or otherwise.

I didn't say it was related to Avast.

Well this is implied in your aside:
"BTW.........my computer has been acting a lot differently since I installed the latest Beta Version. "

I'm not saying this has anything to do with Avast but for some unknown reason something has changed my default programs, I had set Firefox is my default Browser but it is no longer on my default programs list, added an unknown user, not the Software Updater one, it just showed user and asked for a name and a password which I didn't know either one.  I rebooted into safe mode and finally managed to get rid of that user.  My gmail used to open in Firefox but that has changed to Opera.  I haven't the slightest idea of what caused this to happen.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 01:34:53 PM by -midnight »